Website Be The Match/National Marrow Donor Program
Be The Match is looking for a Senior Data Quality Analyst to join our team. This role will report to the Manager, Data Governance & Services and will be instrumental in supporting the organization to achieve its five-year strategy. If you ever desired to be part of a truly mission driven organization – now is the time!
As the Senior Data Quality Analyst, you will collaborate with business and information technology partners to ensure that data meets enterprise data standards for consumption, reducing or eliminating data defects. You will use a combination of technology, processes and data quality rules to improve the quality of data for Be The Match data assets.
This individual will have tremendous passion for data and leveraging it to create material value for the organization. He/she is someone who is bound to lead with a high performance caliber mindset – delivering extraordinary results. This person will be comfortable challenging the status quo, bringing forward innovative ideas and fostering a continuous improvement culture.
- Provides thought leadership and develops strategies to increase data quality of critical data domain areas throughout the organization.
- Evaluates, monitors, and maintains the integrity of critical data assets (e.g., patient, donor, cord).
- Supports the scoping, build and implementation of master data management solutions.
- Defines and develops robust data audits to identify data quality issues and helps to establish closed loop businesses process to resolve.
- Partners closely a variety of stakeholders to identify and resolve data quality issues:
- Registry Data Quality team to help ensure effectively data management practices and provide enterprise view of data quality health.
- Technology stakeholders to advocate and influence the resolution of systemic issues resulting in poor data quality.
- Technology project teams to provide data quality expertise and help ensure SDLC processes incorporate sufficient data quality validate within test plans; at times participates in the testing process.
- Partners closely with various business departments to establish data steward hubs and ensure ongoing sustainability.
- Establishes and delivers new mechanisms and capabilities to communicate data quality health information to stakeholders.
- Promotes and champions the business need and value of data quality; creates education materials and facilitates cross-functional dialogue to build awareness and stakeholder engagement.
- Leads cross functional data governance/steward committees.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and increased automation to drive efficiencies – prepares justification and provides leadership to help implement.
- Provides input and participates in vendor selection efforts – may take a leadership role on technology project efforts.
- Mentors and provides informal work direction to junior level data quality analysts as well as data quality/steward resources across the organization.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft office software (specifically Excel), SQL, SAS, R, or Python.
- Experience writing queries (SQL) and experience with large data sets and complex integrated systems – strong knowledge of databases and spreadsheets.
- Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker a plus.
- Lead and speak courageously, challenge ideas and propose alternatives.
- Grasp the diversity of our systems and network and the ability to make recommendations and implement solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Well- developed interpersonal skills dealing with people of different cultures and styles.
- Advanced communication skills to include writing and oral abilities to connect with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving with a strong customer focus.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Must exemplify our Be The Match Standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Finance, or other quantitative disciplines. However, upon evaluation, equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for degree requirement.
- A minimum of 8 years professional hands-on experience working in data governance, specifically focused deploying master data management and identifying/resolving data quality issues.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com