As the largest and oldest mentoring agency in the region, Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities (BBBSTC) has a strong foundation that supports life-changing mentoring relationships between caring adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and young people (“Littles”). By partnering with young people, parents/guardians, and volunteer mentors, BBBS defends and amplifies the potential of youth through impactful relationships, educational support, and increased confidence and social-emotional skills.
Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) are central to our mission and values, and BBBS strives to implement these ideals across all areas of our agency. We are dedicated to cultivating a safe environment where all individuals feel equally respected and valued.
Our mission is to create and support mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. BBBS accomplishes its mission by:
- Providing deep and intentional partnerships with our youth
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with our Mentors
- Building a strong organizational foundation
- Creating a workplace culture that represents who we serve
- Transforming our community to understand the importance of youth
Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000
Supervisor: Vice President of People & Impact
Department: People & Impact
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt, Hybrid
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Hours/Days: Monday-Friday, 40+ hours a week, occasional evening and weekend hours
Closing Date: Open until filled
About the Position
The Director of Data and Impact is a newly created position at BBBSTC at the onset of our data analysis journey. This is a transformational role that will wear many hats and will lead us in recommendations for decisions that will drive big impact. We are seeking a hands–on, technical leader who can manage through technical change and drive innovation.
The ideal candidate has a passion for what is possible and has a clear sense of personal purpose. We are seeking a strategic and systems-minded professional who is skilled in principal data scientist techniques while communicating and motivating stakeholders through business intelligence. The role will require strong communication and collaboration skills across all levels while creating and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and data driven decision making.
Primary Function of the Position
The Director of Data and Impact will capture, summarize, visualize, and disseminate data for internal and external stakeholders to inform, guide and influence decision-makers. The Director builds capacity at the agency by making data more accessible and useful to our program, operations and advancement teams. Using current database platforms, the Director will empower teams to make data informed decisions related to service delivery, program improvement and impact measurements.
As a member of the People & Impact team, the Director promotes an agency-wide culture of continuous improvement, innovation, transparency, and accountability. The Director implements evaluation design and data collection systems to evaluate individual and aggregate progress toward desired outcomes outlined in the strategic plan.
Essential Job Functions:
Strategy and Evaluation
- Support agency staff and leaders to develop, execute, and iterate key metrics from theories of change, evaluation plans, logic models, metrics and outcomes.
- Conduct analyses of data and translate findings into recommendations and conclusions.
- Find discrepancies or alignments between expected and actual results.
- Create data visualizations to support strategic and analytical thinking as a way of identifying patterns and trends in data.
- Support cost-benefit analyses leveraging data.
- Formulate diagnostics, interventions, and insights from data to define new goals, new strategies, and new tactics.
- Position data as a motivator for continuous performance improvement.
- Regularly collaborate with Program Directors and teams to develop surveys, evaluation questions and measurements, and other data collection tools using best practices.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of People & Impact, track and measure progress on agency strategic priorities; develop dashboards to report regularly to the board, leadership team, and staff.
Data Process Management
- Collect and/or extract data from various sources, including data sets that are internal and external to the agency (examples: Surveymonkey, Eventbrite)
- Ensure accurate and timely data submissions by agency staff and leaders.
- Manage administration and reporting of our programs surveys.
- Identify data collection gaps and develop practices for data quality and relevance.
- Manage the timely importing of program data from multiple external databases into the BBBSA central database.
- Audit data for accuracy; investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Work collaboratively with the IT vendor to maintain the security of data within the database.
Communication, Outcomes, and Support
- Help reinforce and strengthen a healthy data culture at BBBSTC; support capacity-building for staff on how to effectively manage data systems and analyze data
- Support the fulfillment of data interpretation, analysis, and visualization requests from Program Directors, development team and other stakeholders as necessary
- Support in conducting training opportunities with team members about data collection and usage.
- Provide input and guidance for external communications as they relate to outcomes and impact.
- Assist with the writing and presentation of surveys and reports; present findings of analyses in non-technical terms that can be understood by a wider audience.
- Work with external evaluators to coordinate research efforts and lead learning efforts.
Create a positive public awareness of BBBS and contribute to the overall success of the agency in order to achieve the BBBS mission
- Work collaboratively to achieve results as specified in the annual business plan
- Promote teamwork by overseeing and participating in various teams including work groups and interdepartmental meetings
- Positively represent BBBS in the larger community
- Support the Advancement Department in recruitment, fundraising, and communication efforts as needed
- Support the Programs Department with agency-wide initiatives and events as needed.
- Contribute to the overall success of the agency in order to achieve the BBBS mission
Education and Experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, with demonstrated experience in data management
- At least three years of experience in data management, program analysis evaluation, or data communications
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software, including exceptional skill with Excel
- Preferred experience and background in Salesforce
- Preferred experience in Power BI or similar visual reporting tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to draw new insights and synthesize complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Self-starter with willingness to learn and develop new skills, especially related to Salesforce and data management
- Clear commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI)
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships at all levels
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to adapt, learn, and stay positive in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks.
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once.
- Ability to clearly represent and present the mission and vision of BBBSTC;
- High degree of integrity, ethical decision making, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality;
- Ability to balance working independently and collaborating with multiple teams
- Ability to translate technical jargon to end-users
- Strong written, oral, and data communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and accountability skills
- Collaborative style and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals both inside the organization and out in the community.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines and filing cabinets. This role must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position. Rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.