Website Delta Dental of Minnesota
Come Smile With Us
The Data Analyst will support the data analysis and analytical needs of the organization by applying the knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, data analytics, BI Analytics/reporting tools, and the principles of finance and business. Responsible for analyzing data and converting it to actionable information through the creation and implementation of innovative, flexible and informative reports to drive growth, margin improvement, and strategic business management. This position will author and create database queries, formatted reports, and dashboards, interpret data and analyze results through statistical techniques. The position is responsible for monitoring and ensuring data integrity. As a member of an Agile team, this position is responsible for meeting Sprint goals, delivering business insights, and compelling data analysis products.
This position is offered by Abōva Talent, LLC, a subsidiary of Stratacor and an affiliate of Delta Dental of Minnesota.
- Data ExpertiseKnowledge of the different data sources available for analysis and ability to identify the source or sources of data best suited for each situation
- Understand the data in each data source as well as the opportunities and limitations of using the data
- Provide requirements for new data tables/data needs to support analysis
- Perform essential functions such as: Queries, aggregates and formats data for data extracts, reports and dashboards.
- Create, implement and maintain reports and dashboards (ad-hoc/scheduled) using business intelligence tools.
- With minimal guidance, provides troubleshooting and analysis for business questions, with an eye toward possible solution implementation.
- Partners with IT colleagues and business users to understand data requirements and create proofs of concept deliverables where necessary.
- Develops and documents data dictionaries.
- Documents and tracks work using modern project, feature and solution tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Data AnalyticsAnalysis of products and related factors, including, but not limited to, claims experience, profit margins, administrative expenses, rate adequacy, sales, terms, provider reimbursements, network value, experience studies, and competitive positioning
- Analyze and proactively monitor the current reporting/business intelligence environment, including recommending improvementsCollaborate with other internal teams on data analysis needs and work with these teams to define the purpose and scope of analysis, perform the analysis, and communicate the results
- Support the data needs/analysis related to the strategic planning process
- Conduct analysis of various business relationships and partnerships including analysis of key experience drivers
- Analyze ongoing claim trends including, but not limited to, trends in utilization, fee inflation, and intensity in aggregate as well as within specific blocks of business, or subsets of specific blocks of business
- Develop solutions to streamline data analysis to support departmental and company-wide data needs more effectively and efficiently
- External Industry AwarenessIdentify and analyze the internal and external factors which affect statistics for use in data analysis, forecasting, trending, reporting/dashboarding, etc.
- Keep informed about analytical tools/concepts available to support necessary analysis and understand the application/relevancy to Delta Dental’s business model
- Keep informed about market conditions, competitive information, and political factors that may impact the goals and interests of the organization.
- Communicate key developments to appropriate stakeholders and use information appropriately when performing analysis or collaborating on internal and external projects
- Special projects and other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience formatting data extracts into business-friendly reports, charts, and dashboards. (Power BI experience a plus)
- Experience using SQL (oracle preferred, but not required) and proficiency at MS Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP), Business Intelligence, and proprietary software applications
- Knowledge of Python (or another object-oriented programming language) is a plus
- Demonstration of strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to establish priorities and make decisions and to work independently and accurately, using good analytical and organizational skills
- Proven history and consistent ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and new languages independently
- Collaborate regularly with business users to define needs
- Ability to work effectively with other information technology staff. Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Required: Demonstrated full proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the start date.
- As an equal-opportunity employer, we will make accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable laws.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of related data analytics work experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel Requirements: Minimal local
- Weight Lifting Requirements: up to 20 lbs.
- Reports To: Chief Actuary and Vice President of Data Analytics
- Directly Manages: None
- Internal Relationships: Technology Services staff, Project Management, Other business stakeholders, and product owners
- External Relationships: External vendors and Business affiliates
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.