As a Data Scientist, you will be focused on Ecommerce and Omni Analytics within the Data Science team, part of a broader IT Analytics team. You will use data, technology and math to solve business problems or capitalize on opportunities to grow the company’s Ecommerce business. You will work closely with the Ecommerce teams to understand their business process and then design experiments using machine learning and optimization models to attempt solving these problems and identify opportunities. When models are successful, you will build these models into automated operational solutions that scale with the business. This role will collaborate within an Omni Analytics Pod working closely with a data engineer and omni analysts.
Specific competencies include:
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics – Leverage advanced regression, mathematical optimization, discrete-event simulation, rules programming and predictive analytics driving effective models interpreted to support business decisions. Conduct research for team on new ways of applying mathematical and statistical concepts and methods.
- Analytics Programming – Designs and develops modular, organized, dynamic code with programming languages to connect, cleanse and transform data, perform analysis and validation, and construct models and algorithms on medium data sets. Understands data collection, aggregation and summarization best practices to enable pattern and trend recognition for decision making.
- Business Understanding – Establish strong cross-functional relationships to fully understand the business and how it relates to its division and the enterprise. Think critically to identify and execute on opportunities to ethically apply techniques using math, data and technology to improve business outcomes.
- Visualizations and Presentations – Visualize information and develop engaging presentations on the results of data exploration and analysis using data visualization tools and storytelling. Communicate ideas and results to your non-technical stakeholders in a way they can easily understand.
- Works directly with Omni Insights analysts and business unit leaders to understand data science applications for solving business problems and capitalizing on opportunities in Ecommerce
- Design solve experiments that aim to answer or automate business decisions through predictive or prescriptive analytics
- Present findings of data science experiments in non-technical terms to key stakeholders of the project
- Design, develop, train, test, and scale machine learning and time series models with Python (and R when necessary)
- Cleanse, connect, transform and store data for data science purposes using Python, Google BigQuery and Oracle
- Present data through visualizations and dashboards in Tableau, Excel and Oracle
- Ethically apply techniques using math, data and technology to improve business outcomes
- A bachelor’s degree in Math, Data Science, Physics, Computer Science, or related area and significant experience with data science or statistics.
- 3+ years of experience with Ecommerce data.
- 4+ years of experience with machine learning or time series model development using Python or R.
- 4+ years of experience in combining and working with data sets for data science.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to conduct research for applying new and existing methods, technologies and algorithms.
- Proven ability to understand business processes and apply data science methodologies.
- Tested problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A strong pattern of initiative.
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience designing and developing end-to-end Ecommerce machine learning models.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Google Big Query) or Oracle relational databases.
- Experience working with Python IDEs like PyCharm, Anaconda and Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience creating data visualizations and dashboards in Tableau or Oracle business intelligence tools.
- Experience with optimization problems and linear programming in tools such as IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer.
- Experience developing large, scaled models in a Production environment.
- Experience working with Big Data.
- Master’s degree in related areas.
Austin, MN (preferred). Secondary location options include Bentonville, Arkansas and Willmar, MN.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel may be necessary 10% of the time.
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
To apply for this job please visit ekkh.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.