The Office of Inspector General (OIG), Data and Analytics Office seeks a highly skilled and motivated data analyst to play a pivotal role shaping our data-driven decisions and strategies. The Office of Inspector General strives to deliver leading edge background study, licensing, and program integrity services to promote the health, safety, and well-being of children and adults. In support of this mission, the incumbent will:
- Implement the Office of Inspector General’s data strategy and expand the use of data to empower better decision-making, program compliance, and program integrity in partnership with OIG business partners.
- Develop and present analyses, visualizations, dashboards, and reports to support decision-making and strategic planning for stakeholders.
- Respond to internal and external requests for data and information related to OIG data.
- Conduct in depth analysis to extract meaningful trends, patterns, and correlations from data; and identify areas for process improvement and efficiency optimization based on data insights.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data requirements and develop data models to support the development of digital products and platforms.
- Identify industry trends and best practices to bring innovative solutions that transform delivery of services for Minnesotans.
3 years specialized professional experience analyzing and reporting with data; performing spatial or statistical analysis or modeling; or managing data and querying databases.
Experience must include the following:
- Use of Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Data collection, data manipulation and transformation, data interpretation and analysis, or data visualization;
- Use of data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Excel), and analytic tools (Alteryx, R Studio, Python, SAS, dbt, Azure Data Factory, FiveTran, Databricks).
A Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining, economics, finance or other analytical fields may substitute for one year of experience;
Master’s Degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining, economics, finance or other analytical fields may substitute for two years of experience.
Applicants who are not current state employees can apply through the state career site here: Data Analyst, Office of Inspector General
Deadline to apply: August 9, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com