The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at St. Cloud State University invites applications for a fixed-term position in Statistics for the 2018-2019 academic year. The successful candidate will join a department committed to excellence in teaching and dedicated to preparing the next generation of statisticians and data scientists. The undergraduate statistics program includes concentrations in Mathematical Statistics, Data Science, and Data Analytics. Seven statistics faculty provide students with quality instruction in modern statistical methods using hands-on real-world data.
The successful candidate’s primary assignments will be to teach introductory statistics courses to a wide variety of majors. The successful candidate will also serve on department committees and be professionally active. Department information is available at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/statistics.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2015-2017_IFO_Contract.pdf
• Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in statistics or closely related area
• Evidence of a strong commitment to student learning
• Evidence of excellent communication skills
• Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
• Preference will be given to candidates who have interest in, and can document successful experience at, teaching introductory courses in statistics
Apply for this position directly at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/stcloudstate
Application Review begins May 13, 2018; position is open until filled. Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
• Letter of application clearly addressing the qualifications listed above
• Curriculum vitae
• Names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of three (3) current professional references who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications
• Copies of transcripts (undergraduate/graduate/Ph.D.); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Dr. Michael Ernst, Search Committee Chair
Phone: (320) 308-2175
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.