Website UnitedHealth Group
This is an exciting time to join Optum! This team is focused on everything Big Data and the Cloud; specifically building a streaming analytics platform with AI capabilities; this is truly a modern engineering culture and we want YOU to join us in this journey!
- Provide technical leadership in architecture and design for commercial software development and the introduction of new technologies in the Public Cloud (AWS), Big Data and API Space
- Lead the technology transformation from our legacy Data and Analytic platforms to a Big Data Cloud based Modern Software paradigm
- Create a common framework and repository for the development of Modern APIs available to the Optum Product Engineering Team
- Demonstrate leadership in the context of software engineering and be an evangelist for engineering best practices
- Create next generation commercial applications to use our Data as a strategic platform to grow the top line revenue
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry evaluating emerging software technologies
- Work collaboratively with all business areas to assess unmet/new business needs and solutions
- Encourage the growth of junior engineers on the team through skills development, mentoring and technical guidance
- BS / BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software product development experience working on commercially available software and / or healthcare platforms
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop (HDFS), Hive, Spark, or Kafka
- Experience managing, leading, and / or mentoring teams in using Big Data technologies
- Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / SAFE, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience developing solutions hosting within key major cloud providers such as Azure and AWS or private cloud using Mesos, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Proven track record of acting as an advocate for driving new technology across the organization via the creation of communities and publishing SDK / libraries for reuse across the organization
- Strong experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirement
- Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.