Website UnitedHealth Group
The Payment Integrity Software Engineering team is looking for strong leaders who are collaborative, self -starters, take ownership / accountability and drive results. The Big Data Engineering Lead will manage one or more Scrum teams, provide technical leadership and work with Product Owners/Functional experts and Senior Management. The person should be comfortable with and enjoy doing hands on development (40-50% time). The person will be delivering on strategic initiatives for Big Data, Cloud and APIs for all of Optum Product Engineering while advocating and accelerating DevOps/Agile adoption.
- Provide technical leadership in architecture and design for software development and the introduction of new technologies in the Public Cloud (AWS/Azure), Big Data and API Space
- Lead the technology transformation from our legacy Data and Analytic platforms to a Big Data Cloud based Modern Software paradigm
- Create a common framework and repository for the development of Modern APIs available to the Optum Product Engineering Team
- Demonstrate leadership in the context of software engineering and be an evangelist for engineering best practices
- Create next generation streaming applications to use our Data as a strategic platform to grow the top line revenue
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry evaluating emerging software technologies
- Work collaboratively with all business areas to assess unmet/new business needs and solutions
- Encourage the growth of junior engineers on the team through skills development, mentoring and technical guidance
- Create a “startup mentality” to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams
- Avid supporter of the Open Source software community
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction
- BS / BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software product development experience working on commercially available software and / or healthcare platforms
- 6+ months of experience developing solutions hosted within public cloud providers such as Azure and AWS or private cloud/container based systems using Mesos, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Java/Scala development experience
- Experience with Big Data technologies like HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka
- Experience managing, leading, and / or mentoring teams in using Big Data technologies
- Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / SAFE, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Proven track record of acting as an advocate for driving new technology across the organization via the creation of communities and publishing SDK / libraries for reuse across the organization
- Strong experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirement
- Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hbase, MapReduce, Storm, Flume, Sqoop, Pig, Apache Drill, Oozie, Zeppelin
- Experience building Big Data solutions on public cloud (AWS EMR)
- Experience building data pipelines with Kafka and Kafka Streams
- Experience developing Java RESTful Services using SpringBoot and Netflix OSS
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Experience with Automation Frameworks – Selenium WebDriver, Restassured, SOAP UI
- Exposure to UI technologies like Angular4
- Ability to establish repeatable processes, best practices and implement version control software in a Cloud team environment
- Experience of developing cloud based API gateways would be highly desirable
- Experience / exposure to API integration frameworks
- Experience in the healthcare industry
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.