Website UnitedHealth Group
We are seeking a SAS Programming Analyst with advanced analytic and solid programming skills for our Minnetonka, MN location. This position will develop, implement, and maintain Medicare Part D technical programs and reporting as required by CMS, state and business stakeholders, using SAS and SQL programming.
In this role, you will explore rich healthcare datasets (pharmacy and medical), and develop technical solutions that drive better health outcomes for UHC members. You will apply your programming and analytic skills to real business problems, and present your findings and recommendations to stakeholders. You will be challenged to utilize your strong analytics skills with your business acumen. Your work will positively impact millions of Medicare Part D members and their health.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role, this is the one for you. At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is the help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
- Responsible for developing and managing reporting solutions and delivery, both in the planning and design of new solutions to support M&R Part D Advanced Analytics as well as ongoing management, production support and monitoring, and accountability for those solutions
- Lead Medication Therapy Management and Comprehensive Medication Review program development, implementation and quality monitoring
- Liaison with UHG IT for the purpose of maintaining and updating programs that have been, or will be, moved to a production environment through an agile SDLC
- Collaborate with cross functional teams of pharmacists, PBM staff and actuarial team, including senior level team members
- Encourage processes that increase productivity by improvement of people, process, tools, and technology
- Comply with and promote work measurements, production methods and standards
- Exploration of new tools like R and Python to drive advanced analytics processes
- Collaborate with other Part D Advanced Analytics leads on the strategic use of data for modeling, machine learning and reporting
- Develop ad-hoc data mining analysis to support business decisions; manage cleansing, accuracy, and ongoing maintenance of data warehousing activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 4 years related, progressive, post-baccalaureate experience
- 2+ years of experience working with SAS business analytic software
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office and Excel
- Experience developing, implementing, and supporting production SAS processes
- Medicare Part D experience
- Pharmacy and health claim analytics experience
- Data science and machine learning experience is a plus
- Familiarity with First Data Bank or Medispan drug classification systems
- Familiarity with CMS Star Ratings
- Experience with business intelligence tools and software
- Ability to meet deadlines when given multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated self-starter with curiosity, attention to detail, and ability to effectively handle change
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You’ll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It’s time to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.