University of Minnesota
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science/Math/Statistics/Physics/Informatics or related technical discipline and 4 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience in a research or technical environment to equal eight (8) years.
- Experience with Matlab or Python or R.
- Experience with SQL or other database technology.
- Experience writing code for complex computer programs independently. Please provide a link to samples of your code available online (Github or similar services).
- Experience with basic machine learning or statistical methods.
- Demonstrated/documented strong communication skills.
- Experience working with messy real-world data
- Experience in high-performance computing
- Experience working independently in a rapidly changing scientific environment
- Skills in data visualization
- Research experience in statistics/data science/related fields
- Experience publishing scientific papers in conferences/journals
About the Job
The Institute of Health Informatics (IHI) in the University of Minnesota is seeking a junior scientific programmer/data scientist to join a research team, supporting various NIH funded research projects.
- Construct datasets from various data sources for research.
- Design and implement data processing and analysis infrastructure;
- Ensure the integrity and security of data, code, and analytical experiments.
- Implement machine learning, statistical, data-mining, bioinformatics/clinical informatics algorithms.
- Design, setup and run computational experiments to evaluate and benchmark cutting-edge machine learning algorithms.
- Design, setup and run computational experiments to execute algorithms on various types of biomedical or healthcare related data.
- Develop and modify software and demonstrations.
- Create documentation for all software, code and experiments.
- Write or help prepare technical reports and/or publications.
- Communicate and present analytical results to customers, scientists and clinicians.
Please apply through U of M employment website job id 340789
To apply for this job please visit hr.myu.umn.edu.