Website University of St. Thomas
All for the Common Good.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a SEO Analyst opportunity in the department of Marketing, Insights and Communications.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission: Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Analyst serves as a key member of the Marketing, Insights, & Communications (MIC) team. They are responsible for effectively recommending, communicating, and implementing a comprehensive SEO strategic plan that follows SEO best practices.
Reporting to the Digital Insights Manager, the SEO analyst will oversee SEO tactics that drive search visibility, organic traffic to key content areas, and conversion goals that meet strategic initiatives. This includes keyword research, competitive analysis, on-page optimization, and executing SEO technical audits. This role will also liaise with Search Engine Marketing (SEM) agency team to synchronize organic search with paid search, display, social, and other digital marketing efforts.
The SEO Analyst will play a critical role in the University of St. Thomas’ ongoing website redesign efforts. They will partner with the broader Insights & Analytics team to execute research and discovery which will inform decisions about website design, content, and structure. They will consult with the Information Architecture (IA)/User Experience (UX) Content Strategist on information architecture to aid in search engine visibility. The SEO Analyst will provide content owners keyword recommendations that prioritize key traffic driving terms from which to optimize website copy, meta data, and inter-linking strategies.
Specific to Marketing, Insights and Communications, the department is committed to leveraging work remote and flex-hybrid roles, to the extent that all business needs and objectives are met.
Provide strategic leadership for SEO across range of St. Thomas web properties.
- Lead the development of an SEO roadmap
- Compile necessary data points to back up assumptions and generate business insights to prioritize next steps for short- and long-term planning purposes.
- Create and effectively communicate a comprehensive SEO Strategic plan to internal partners.
- Educate and influence others within the organization regarding the importance of following SEO best practices.
- Measure ongoing impact and effectiveness of implemented SEO strategies and tie to business outcomes using web analytics tools (Google Analytics and Google Search Console) and SEO-related platforms such as SEMRush.
- Keep up to date on the latest best-practices, algorithm updates, and trends in the organic search landscape.
Optimize St. Thomas web presence, including website redesign projects and ongoing site maintenance
- Use keyword research tools to provide content owners keyword recommendation for website redesigns and ongoing maintenance.
- Analyze competitor keyword rankings/trends with regular reporting and insight.
- Have a robust understanding of technical SEO — such as XML Sitemaps, site speed alterations, structured data markup, etc. Effectively communicate technical SEO needs to developers and can help recommend timelines and prioritize
- Develop and implement link building strategies.
Support paid marketing activity
- Work with agency partners synchronize organic and paid digital marketing efforts.
- Work with agency partners to ensure underlying measurement tactics for paid marketing, such as campaign tracking (e.g., UTMs) and landing page form setup, are functioning at the launch of the campaign and throughout its lifecycle, including data being captured in both Google Analytics and Salesforce.
- Contribute to campaign strategy development, ensuring insights gleaned from prior campaigns are applied and establishing KPIs that support a defined set of goals and objectives
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing keyword research, content audits, and technical SEO audits
- Strong technical expertise in SEO, including Google Search Console, other SEO related tools like SEMRush, Screaming Frog, and data visualization tools (Data Studio, BI, or Excel)
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or eligible for legally required exemption such as a medical or religious reason
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Previous work on higher ed or other complex websites a plus, but not required.
- Strong foundational understanding of Google Analytics
- Analytical mindset with excellent communication skills; the ability to distill complex ideas and thoughts down into concepts that non-technical people can understand and use to make decisions with; Ability to define, articulate, and champion SEO health and best practice along with information architecture development
- Strong collaborator who is willing to contribute their knowledge to produce impactful work
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
All University of St. Thomas employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Limited exemptions will be made for medical and religious reasons. Our offer of employment is contingent upon the verification of your COVID-19 vaccination or an approval through our exemption process of a medical or religious exemption.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com.