Website Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit has an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist (Audit Analytics Leader 2) on the Automation, Innovation & Insights (AI2) team that is part of the broader Data Innovation and Analytics (DI&A) team. The primary vision of the AI2 team is to lead the way in Integrating Audit and Analytics through Innovation. The candidate will be strategically positioned to drive the DI&A team to become a best in class data analytics team. In addition, this candidate will influence the DI&A team progression along the data analytics maturity model. Initiative and Innovation are the primary characteristics which will ensure success for this candidate.
The Audit Analytics Leader 2 will execute projects in value-added automation and analytics solutions across multiple audit teams. In addition, the leader will be required to execute projects that focus on our advanced analytics and reporting and process automation as well as develop tools and risk solutions to help the team operate more efficiently and effectively. We are looking for a team member with experience in leading data-driven/ risk solutions with a proven track record of sound project management while using their significant data analytics, audit, or risk management experience.
- Lead data-specific projects and work along with 1-3 other data analysis professionals.
- Partnering with audit teams to build expertise in the use of robotics and automation within the internal audit function.
- Use strategic and critical thinking skills to develop the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis and automation in the assessment of risk and controls and other operational processes.
- Navigating within technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Reviewing the documentation for the analysis in accordance with audit policy, and reporting and automation framework.
4+ years of analytics experience, audit experience, or a combination of both
2+ years of SAS experience
2+ years of SQL experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Audit experience at a large financial institution
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Other Desired Qualifications
- Computer Science (B.A.) [Concentration in Financial Services Informatics, AI, Robotics, Data Science, Software, Systems]
- Management Information Systems [Concentration in Management Information Systems; Business Intelligence and Analytics; Systems Analysis]
- Certifications in analytics space:
-SAS Certified Big Data Professional
-SAS Certified Data Scientist
-Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
-Certified Analytics Professional
-Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate (university specific)
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation.
- Advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, Python, Java, or PL-SQL
- Tableau experience including executive presentation and delivery
- Big Data Technology experience
- Ability to execute Data Mining and Web Scraping
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of statistics or and quantitative science using tools such as Python, R, Tableau, and / or SAS
- Proficiency with ACL and possibly other programming languages and tools (Visual Basic, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Service, etc.).
- Working experience of Statistics and Probability
- Working knowledge or experience with Machine Learning
- Demonstrated progression of utilizing new tools and techniques and knowledge of the audit process
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com