3M is seeking a HR Workforce Analytics Data Scientist for the Workforce Planning and Analytics team located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of HR Workforce Analytics Data Scientist will primarily be responsible for driving data analytic projects that provide value to HR and HR’s business clients. Develops modeling solutions by discovering hidden value and insights in vast amounts of data (structured and unstructured) and identifies opportunities through use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. Clearly communicates and presents findings back to HR leaders and business clients by translating outcomes into narratives and actionable recommendations.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs in-depth research and hypothetical analysis to business issues using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills to solve complex problems.
- Lead predictive analytic project assignments by partnering closely with HR Business and COE Teams. Consults and negotiates with clients in shaping business scenarios and potential solutions in design, development and implementation phases.
- Develops data models in support of analytic projects and adopts model platforms as a working deliverable for clients ongoing needs; cleanses and validates integrity of the data used for analysis.
- Presents clear deliverables with recommendations by articulating results through interpretation, visualization and narratives.
- Performs ad-hoc and non-routine data analysis and presents results in a clear manner to co-workers and clients. Serves as mentor for ideas in data mining, organization and illustration techniques.
- Manage and mine 3M’s HR external benchmark metrics data and ensure vendor subscriptions are current.
- Exercises discretion in matters of confidentiality.
- Protects the corporation and assures 3M values and policies are upheld and complied to, as well as that 3M processes are implemented as appropriate. Ensures compliance with 3M Business Conduct Policies and other policies, and teaches and acts as an example of uncompromising ethics. Ensures local legislation is complied with at all times.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university in finance, operations research, computer science, applied statistics, data science or mathematics discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with multi-dimensional data in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Experience with statistical and predictive modeling concepts
- Experience with Microsoft applications, SQL programming, statistical languages (e.g., R, SAS or Python) and/or visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Project management experience
- Master’s Degree or higher from an Accredited University in finance, operations research, computer science, applied statistics, data science or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in Statistical Modeling Development and Project Management
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: Up to 10%
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
To apply for this job please visit 3m.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.