Website Ameriprise Financial
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you’re talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The Vice President, Marketing Strategy and Analytics role helps define and drive critical analytics functions and strategy development for Marketing, Communications and Community Relations and cross-cutting Broker-Dealer initiatives. This role reports to the SVP, Prospect and Client Experience, Strategy and Analytics.
On the analytics front, this role has accountability to build a more data-driven organization and will partner closely with Interactive Marketing, Finance, and Field Sales organization to drive business results. This includes efforts to drive client prospecting, acquisition, deepening, service and retention. In addition, this role will play a critical part of our overall Big Data strategy, overseeing the development of our Client and Marketing data environment, which is currently in progress. They will also be involved in helping lead the adoption of analytics tools and technology to improve our overall effectiveness.
On the strategy front, this role will help develop strategies for key client and advisor initiatives, including target client evolution and prospect and client experience, and coordinate ongoing efforts to implement these strategies across the Broker-Dealer.
- Lead efforts and work closely with corporate partners, including interactive marketing, finance, business units and other analytics resources to:
- Work with business functions across a matrixed environment to design, to rapidly prototype, develop and test analytics solutions. Adopt a test and learn approach to deploying analytics.
- Help lead ‘big data’ efforts in Broker-Dealer, including leading development of a robust client data environment, housing key data assets from across the organization on a highly scalable platform. In addition, provide input into the analytics tools we use across the organization.
- Provide thought leadership over specific strategic analyses and help drive strategy development on key issues, e.g. client acquisition and retention, advisor marketing segmentation. Work closely with internal data scientists to execute analyses.
- Oversee team of analytics practitioners, focused on broader strategic initiatives and digital analytics. Our digital analytics team oversees analysis across our multiple websites and mobile app.
- Lead annual planning and goal setting process, identifying opportunities to more deeply leverage analytics. In addition, manage analytics budget on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytics and strategy.
- Hands-on analytics capabilities in SAS, Python, R or other relevant tools.
- Analytics team management experience – managing growth and development of analytics staff
- MBA (or other relevant advanced degree).
- Strategic thinking ability and proven understanding of drivers and linkages across large, matrixed organizations.
- Strong relationship skills; ability to build and maintain collaborative partnerships and influence and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Work experience: 7-10 years in consulting, strategy, analytics roles.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, drive innovation, and translate strategy into tactical implementation and desired results.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills combined with strategic vision and the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven record of managing and delivering multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Highly motivated leader who thrives in a competitive business and rapidly changing environment.
- Proven leadership skills including building and maintaining a positive working environment. Experience leading, managing and motivating a team to success.
- Series 7 license or ability to obtain within 90 days
Financial Services experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.