Website Be The Match - National Marrow Donor Program
For the thousands of people diagnosed every year with life-threa
This position is responsible for participating in the design, analysis, and interpretation of results from medical administrative claims datasets and internal NMDP financial and administrative data for the Health & Public Policy Department to support strategic initiatives that aim to increase access to cellular therapy. This position will conduct analysis on large datasets, conduct policy analyses and research with the Health & Public Policy team, assist in writing methods and results sections of manuscripts and reports, and present research findings and analysis to internal and external stakeholders. This position will also work closely with other NMDP/CIBMTR departments such as Health Services Research, Finance, and Donor Services as it relates to the Health & Public Policy strategic initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, R, SAS, etc.).
- Statistics including survival analysis and related statistical techniques. Technical expertise regarding data models, financial data modeling, and/or data mining. Skilled in statistical computing in PC and larger computing environments.
- Familiar with analyses of medical administrative claims data analyses, e.g., Medicare..
- Familiarity with epidemiologic methods and methods for dealing with confounding is a plus. Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings. Requires interaction with a diverse population
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and/or oncology, biology, biotechnology
- Proven knowledge of efficient resource management and ability to coordinate multiple project components within quality, budget and timeline constraints
- Work effectively in a complex cross-functional work environment
- Requires interaction with a diverse population
- Meet deadlines, to be flexible, to problem solve, and to work effectively in a team environment and be a self-starter
- Effective written and oral communication, strong presentation and listening skills
- Display high standards of attendance, punctuality, maintain confidentiality, and manages time effectively.
- Prioritize and coordinate tasks and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and to work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication; strong interpersonal skills.
- Work with others internal and external to NMDP
Education and/or Experience:
- Master of Science (MS) degree in Biostatistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or Masters of Public Health
- Three or more years’ experience in computer applications, information systems, database concepts, statistical programming in clinical data analyses and complex data sets, analysis and interpretation and documentation and outcome measurements/analysis is desired
- Experience with complex survey data analysis and Medicare claims analysis
- Experience working in a health care and/or research setting
Preferred Qualifications: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- Experience working with medical claims data is a plus
Work Location: Minneapolis, MN – Coordinating Center
500 N 5th Street, Minneapolis 55401
Job: Compliance and Regulations
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
To apply for this job please visit nmdp.taleo.net.