Bluestem Brands, Inc., a Top 100 Internet Retailer, is the parent company to 13 retail brands. We make it our mission to improve our customers’ lives by providing the merchandise and services they need with the flexibility of paying over time. Our smart, passionate, empowered employees drive our success, and we like rewarding people at the top of their game. Our leadership is responsive and supportive – we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
A day in the life at Bluestem also includes casual dress, flexible work arrangements, a sweet employee discount and time off for giving back to our communities. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Senior Credit Risk Analyst for Bluestem to be located at our office in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for front-end (originations), customer management, or scorecard development for Fingerhut or additional retail brand(s) as assigned. This position performs analysis and makes recommendations for changes within existing and pilot credit programs to optimize performance as well as analyzing and possibly developing new scorecards. You will be involved in all phases of the credit life cycle, working closely with our Marketing, Decision Sciences, Forecasting, Zenalytics and Credit Implementation teams to support our growing suite of credit products.
What You’ll Do:
- Analysis: Primarily focus on in-depth analysis and segmentation of new or existing accounts for testing purposes; understand the risk/return trade-offs in the subprime space, review champion/challenger performance, monitor custom scorecards, update segmentation, investigate additional benefits of alternative data sources/scorecards and perform ad-hoc analysis as needed; summarize findings, make credit policy/strategy/scoring recommendations based on results, forecast potential impact and create presentations for senior leadership in support of proposed changes. Proactively work with external data sources and third-party data provider to evaluate new scores, assist in the development of new custom models and work on validating models against the Bluestem customer population
- Data: Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to ensure data is accurate, available in a timely manner, updated as part of new initiatives, understood by other interested parties and can be extracted/analyzed quickly
- Reporting: Support credit reporting across the customer life cycle from pre-screen to charge-off; ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting is accurate, timely, concise, intuitive and provides value-added insights into variances
- Implementation: Work in partnership across all credit channel leaders; from a Risk and Business Line perspective, assist in UAT, problem resolution, regression testing, new policy/strategy/scoring implementation and post-implementation validation
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s degree (or bachelor’s degree with additional, relevant work experience) in a technical discipline or business field with a strong technical foundation required (Statistics, Finance, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)
- Strong programming background, minimum 2-year exposure with SAS or R (or similar statistical technologies) and exposure to SQL and Excel
- Experience in an analytics/modeling/reporting role; recent master’s graduates will be considered based on area of study and relevant coursework
- Experience with large data sets aggregated from multiple sources; enthusiasm for working on technically complex analysis
- Analytical and results oriented; independent thinker and strong problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to summarize and communicate results from complex analysis clearly; experience presenting analysis to senior leadership
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org