Fairview Health Services is looking for a Data Governance and Analytics Education Program Director to develop, implement and sustain a data governance, stewardship and education program; overseeing an inventory of supporting processes to advance the adoption and usage of enterprise data and analytic assets. This leader is responsible for comprehensive understanding of healthcare data governance, and an education program to increase the data literacy and analytic maturity of the organization. This position will also be responsible for effectively interfacing with leaders and data consumers across the system (e.g., inpatient and ambulatory clinical operations, finance, administration etc.). This position is within the Analytics Center of Excellence, and will report to the VP of Clinical and Population Health Analytics.
By developing and managing associated analytics governance and education, this position will oversee the intake, prioritization and training of the enterprise analytic portfolio. This is includes data analytics project roadmap inventory management, measure definition and data stewardship facilitation, design and implementation of an operational hub providing access to all enterprise analytic assets; and a data analytics education program to ensure leaders and data consumers have efficient, role-base access to data and analytics. This position requires advanced knowledge of the healthcare industry, data governance a stewardship, and the analytic needs facing care teams and operations.
This individual will work closely with the Directors of Data Analytics, and other leaders in the Analytics Center of Excellence, and will manage individuals that build and maintain the governance and education tools. This leader will create internal partnerships with key stakeholders and will develop methods assuring resources are identified and used appropriately, optimizing information value while mitigating risk associated with information compliance with all applicable law and regulation. Additionally, this leader is responsible for direction and leadership to continuously improve processes, skills, competencies and capabilities of the analytics teams and their services.
- Design and implement future-state Data Governance and Stewardship program and assist in development of overall Enterprise Data Strategy.
- Facilitates implementation of enterprise data governance goals, standards, practices, processes and technologies.
- Build data governance team and required skillsets within the organization and operationalize data governance and management procedures across the enterprise.
- Establish data steward/custodian/owner groups as required.
- Monitors and manages adherence to enterprise data governance framework for data roles and processes to achieve the required level of consistency in data definitions, sharing, quality, extraction and usage.
- Develop and manage business relationships with key business leaders, project team members and senior leaders across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams regarding all areas of data development and consumption to ensure compliance and effective processing and control of critical data elements.
- Manage standardization new data elements and maintain existing elements, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data consistency and quality.
- Inform and educate business areas as to decisions that impact data standards, definitions, processes, policies and tools.
- Facilitate development of a standardized approach to capture and document metadata and issues across all assigned data domains.
- Manage the identification and standardization of key data elements and measures that drive critical clinical and business activities.
- Support the structures and roles necessary to identify, analyze, report and resolve data issues, related to the uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness of data elements.
- Develop and deliver status updates and presentations to senior management and stakeholders on process improvement to increase data integrity and enhance overall data governance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
MBA, MIS or MHA preferred
- At least eight years of previous related healthcare experience, and an understanding of data governance and training programs.
- Reporting and data analytic experience with clinical data including EHR clinical data expertise
- Minimum 7 years Healthcare leadership, preferably in data analytics or information technology.
- Prior experience implementing data programs, specifically data governance and stewardship.
- Candidates must have documented experience relevant to health care data.
- Candidates must have documented leadership experience in healthcare data analytics in the service/practice arena.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing.
- Other welcomed qualifications include strong advanced analytics skills, biostatistics background, computing expertise, data analytics methodological expertise, and a demonstrable history of inter-professional collaboration.
To apply for this job please visit external-fairview.icims.com.