Department of Human Services Department of Human Services
Department of Human Services
This posting will be used to fill two vacancies.
The Fraud Data Analyst is part of the Financial Fraud and Abuse Investigations Data Team within the Office of Inspector General (OIG). The data team conducts research, database design/development, and data management activities necessary in order to provide expert direction to divisional, interdivisional and federal/state data analysis projects regarding fraud and abuse investigations.
The Fraud Data Analyst is responsible for the analysis and the production of data and investigative reports using OIG databases, health care provider/recipient data, and external data in support of fraud and abuse investigations. Further, position provides analysis of health care, child care provider service/billing data, and recipient benefit data in order to identify aberrant patterns and outlier claims through complex algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis, research, report design and development, and data management activities; and provides expert analysis for projects regarding fraud and abuse investigations of DHS-enrolled licensed providers and recipients
- Utilization analysis necessary for management of health care program integrity
- Respond to data requests from internal and external customers
- Assisting internal and external customers with defining data needs, accessing DHS data using complex queries, and transforming data into useful forms using state-of-the-art tools and rigorous methodologies
- Performing high-quality data analysis and interpretation in order to distill useful information from the data and presenting that information in a customer-friendly format
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.