The Manager of Data Analytics is an important part of a team responsible for delivery, maintenance and support of data analytics solutions that enable Fairview Health Service’s ability to deliver outstanding patient care, great patient experiences and efficient business processes. This leader will establish and maintain analytic platforms and systems, reporting improvements and data analysis, and reports to the Director of Data Analytics. This Manager will be responsible for providing data platforms containing actionable insights to various operational and business stakeholders, designed by synthesizing knowledge of our services and products, and leveraging data assets. This is a high impact role that requires a deep understanding of healthcare data and analytics, and ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
The IT Manager Cogito Analytics will partner with leadership to ensure that information needs are forecasted and met including tools for clinical decision support. Positioning themselves as a strategic operational partner they will cultivate meaningful relationships that allow collaborative growth according MHealth Fairview’s long-term goals. The IT Manager Cogito Analytics will define, deliver, and maintain [Epic] analytic tools driving desired business outcomes and scaled across the entire organization. This role will create tools which highlight operational inefficiencies and partner with customers for the development of tools to meet those needs.
This role is responsible for providing input into and delivering on solutions in partnership with the Data Analytics teams, IT, operational and business partners, and enterprise architecture. The position will also be engaged in related strategies, including implementing key tactical outputs around improved processes, governance, and life-cycle management. This leader will manage a team of analytics professionals directly, and will provide day-to-day direction across Data Analytics and Technology teams to deliver on governed priorities
- Manage a team of data analysts, reporting and analytic developers, and data visualization developers; working across the Data and Analytics teams.
- Develop excellent understanding of the analytic solutions and how they span or interact with the specific viewpoints of the individual areas of the business. Solutions should be developed to maximize the whole while allowing for necessary variation.
- Lead all data related activities to support development of new data science approaches and methodologies to improve operations and business outcomes.
- Maintain up-to-date application knowledge and understanding of how the business consumes data.
- Partner with the business to understand their existing reports and opportunities for improvements.
- Create standards for data specifications, and tools supporting advanced consumption of data. Understand how information assets drive and support the business and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and project teams.
- Oversees and manages analytics and data visualization solutions ensuring design, content and definitions integrate to support organizational expectations and objectives. Ensure the team partners with the business to gather requirements and goals to drive optimal solutions.
- Complete analytics health assessments. Improve the health of system assets by planning enhancements/upgrades to improve performance and reliability. Track standards exceptions to ensure they are addressed in a planful and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and performance/talent management processes. Influence and implement a resource strategy based on business need, scope of work, cost, and skill requirements. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
- Manage department budget and participate in the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization, technical assets and related projects.
- Participate in and bring subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of technology product solutions to meet and maximize the annual investment budget.
- Collaborate with involved teams across the business and with vendor partners to effectively and accurately estimate amount of work and resulting cost associated with project deliverables.
- Oversee team compliance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies. Participate in the continuous improvement of methodologies, practices and standards as required.
- Hold teams accountable for following and implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, ITIL and quality management framework for projects.
- Manage work of the team and ensure adherence to standards and specifications (including peer reviews).
Ensure all changes are effectively unit tested prior to being released.
- Lead root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures; determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support as required.
Responsible for managing the interactions with suppliers of hardware, software, and service including identifying potential solutions, problem management, as well as helping with negotiations and contracts.
Job Specific Expectations:
- Create, lead, and execute the analytics roadmaps for Cogito Analytics and Clinical Decision Support.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce processes to ensure governance of all analytics content.
- Partner with clinical and analytics leadership to prioritize and deliver information services.
- Build Cogito and CDS into a respected and recognized organizational asset.
- Accountability for Epic predictive modeling, SlicerDicer, and CDS tool deployment and use.
- Ensure system support for organizational goals.
- Partner with other IT managers to ensure seamless customer experience for operational partners seeking IT services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
MBA, MIS, MHA or MPH preferred
- At least eight years of previous related healthcare experience
- Reporting and data analytic experience with clinical data including EHR clinical data expertise
- Minimum 7 years Healthcare leadership, preferably in data analytics or information technology
- Prior experience implementing data programs, specifically data governance and stewardship
- Candidates must have documented experience relevant to health care data
- Candidates must have documented leadership experience in healthcare data analytics in the service/practice arena
- Experience mentoring and/or managing
- Other welcomed qualifications include strong advanced analytics skills, biostatistics background, computing expertise, data analytics methodological expertise, and a demonstrable history of inter-professional collaboration