Large global medical device company
Careers That Change Lives
Reporting to the Vice President- Health Economics and Informatics, the Principal Health Economics & Outcomes Researcher will provide leadership to Medtronic in the statistical design, execution, and dissemination of studies to support strategy and business development, market access, health care quality and value based healthcare initiatives for the Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG ). In this role, you will advise the MITG shared services teams, business units and regional partners on evidence generation strategies, research methods, study design, Real World Evidence, research standards, large database studies and other research strategies.
A Day in the Life
- Lead and execute studies, and provide consultative support to research teams, in decision modeling, cost-effectiveness modeling, and advanced analytic methods, and will train and mentor staff in in these methods.
- Play a leading role in the quality assurance process
- Conduct and lead validation studies to assess the quality and reliability of both internally produced and outsourced research products.
- Maintain a deep understanding of MITG products, brand strategies, country-specific issues, policy impacts, and the types of evidence that are appropriate for supporting BU and Regional strategies.
- Forge close, cross-functional working relationships with reimbursement, strategy, marketing, clinical affairs, and other functions across the commercial business units and the regional teams.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key knowledge and opinion leaders (KOLs), academic researchers, and MDT partners to disseminate results in scientific journals and forums.
- Track and report project status, timelines, and findings, highlight successes, and measure the contribution of HEOR outputs to the business.
- Share responsibility for refining the team’s mission and vision, developing and enhancing the teams’ methods and approaches, allocating resources across competing priorities and demands, mentoring and facilitating the activities of other members of the analytics team, and conducting other projects or tasks as needed to support the mission of the HEOR team.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in decision modeling, health economics, clinical outcomes research, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in decision modeling, health economics, clinical outcomes research
Nice To Have
- An advanced degree (PhD preferred) in biostatistics or a related field.
- Expertise in decision modeling, cost effectiveness analysis, and advanced analytic methods used to develop evidence to support health care support value propositions and market access.
- Understanding of public and commercial research claims databases and retrospective data analysis methods.
- Excellent communications skills;
- The ability to engage people with all levels of statistical knowledge in understanding research strategies, methods and results.
The position is US-based and may be office-based or remote. Moderate US and global travel will be required.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
To apply for this job please visit m.rfer.us.