Minnesota Department of Human Services
As a Strategic Analytics Specialist at the Department of Human Services (DHS), you will coordinate, plan, design, and conduct evaluation and research, performance measurement, and data analysis for cross-program activities, including the Strategic Plan and Equity Initiatives, among others. You will be focused on providing agency-wide understanding of services in order to drive decision-making and policy development at the highest levels.
- Consult with the commissioner, assistant commissioners, directors, and others, leading projects on agency-wide data analytics, evaluation, measure development, and strategic planning to increase the agency’s ability to improve cross-program and cross-administration outcomes.
- Use data, statistics, and research to identify and communicate meaningful data patterns and make recommendations for both short-term and long-term strategic plans by policy makers and planners for policy changes and to improve performance.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the establishment of performance measurement, evaluation and tracking throughout the agency to improve the quality of services delivered and minimize waste.
- Collaborate agency-wide and externally with counties, tribes, other state agencies, and other stakeholders to support analytics, evaluation, and dashboard efforts.
- Coordinate a strategic approach to agency-wide analytics to better target outcomes for both internal and external audiences.
- Make policy and action recommendations based on research and analytics
- Coordinate, develop, initiate, and respond to information and data requests received from within the Office of Strategy and Performance, other DHS divisions, county and tribal supervisors and managers, other state agencies, and community groups so that decision-makers have necessary information to make evidence-based and data- informed policy.
- Use strategic planning and continuous improvement methodologies, such as Results-Based Accountability, Lean, Six Sigma, Balanced Scorecard, Baldrige Performance Excellence, etc.
- Participate fully in division-wide activities, including equity work, as well as document and create standard templates and processes for their key responsibilities to ensure high quality work.
Three (3) years of professional experience that demonstrates the following:
- Data analysis, performance measurement, research and/or program evaluation
- Project and research management skills
- Presenting data using visualization and analysis tools (Tableau or similar tool)
- Experience performing quantitative analysis
- Ability to manage large data sets
- Project management and/or leadership experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Social Services or another related field may substitute for 1 year of experience.
- Experience with SQL, SAS, R and/or Python
- Understanding of state administrative databases
- Knowledge of inferential statistics
Search for job posting 27884 in the link below
To apply for this job please visit careers.mn.gov.