Who We Are:
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) is one of the nation’s premier public radio stations producing programming for radio, digital and live audiences and operates a 46-station radio network serving nearly all of Minnesota and parts of surrounding states. Reaching 1 million listeners each week, MPR and its three regional services ‘MPR News, Classical MPR and The Current’ produce programming for radio, digital and live audiences.
American Public Media is the largest station-based public radio organization in the U.S., combining multi-regional station operations, national content creation and distribution in one organization. With a portfolio that includes Live from Here with Chris Thile, BBC World Service, Marketplace and the leading classical music programming in the nation, APM is one of the largest producers of public radio programming in the world. One thousand stations carry American Public Media’s 20-plus national programs. Its multi-regional station operations include 49 public radio stations and 42 translators in the Upper Midwest and California.
As the Audience Insights Analyst, you are part of Minnesota Public Radio’s (MPR)/American Public Media’s (APM) Audience Insights team within the Audience Development department. Your role contributes meaningfully to the organization by examining and analyzing audience/member data to discover new insights leading to organizational excellence, efficiency, and growth. As the Audience Insights Analyst, you consult with and provide reporting, analysis, and actionable recommendations to a variety of departments including Membership, Major Gifts, Audience Development, Marketing, Operations, and Finance.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Consult with and provide a high level of customer service to end users to ensure reporting meets their unique needs and facilitates savvy business decisions
- Fulfill list requests for operational fundraising activities including direct mail, email, telemarketing
- Measure and evaluate fundraising campaign effectiveness
- Develop revenue projections and track performance metrics
- Provide support for predictive analytics projects
- Interpret complex analyses and present unbiased findings and recommendations as appropriate
- Generate, maintain, and improve efficiency of existing reporting and analyses that inform and guide subsequent marketing and fundraising strategies
- Query and mine large data sets to discover patterns, examine data, troubleshoot discrepancies, and develop new analyses to help the organization better understand its members and audiences
- Develop proficiency with a variety of data platforms and reporting tools including Salesforce, IBM Cognos Analytics, Tableau, etc.
- Integrate data from disparate data warehouse/CRM platforms to prepare reports and analyses
- Work as a team to develop, apply, and maintain standard data and reporting practices to ensure accuracy and consistency across reports
- Work as a team to organize existing reports and ad-hoc requests to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain documentation of reporting requirements, procedures, and business rules
- Cross-train and provide back-up for team members as necessary
- Foster a customer- and donor-centered, cooperative, and productive work environment
- Communicate regularly with staff to apprise others of project status and timelines
- Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of donor information
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an information intensive or analytical field of study including, but not limited to, Economics, Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, Business, Data Science, Marketing, etc.
- Two or more years of applicable experience
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Access
- Experience with data reporting applications and/or programming languages
- Experience working within a CRM environment
- Experience with Tableau or a similar data visualization and exploration tool
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to see patterns and anomalies, as well as manipulate and retrieve data
- Build and manage effective reports using sound judgment to weigh decisions about what information is relevant, and the ability to adjust based on the specific situation when presenting information
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to synthesize and deliver insightful information
- Experience working effectively with long-distance colleagues. Agile in communicating effectively in a variety of ways, both verbal and written, including email, phone, video conferencing, and real-time messaging
- Knowledge and ability to adhere to standard principles and practices governing data information
- Familiarity with statistics and predictive modeling concepts
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build effective professional relationships
- Well-organized, with exceptional attention to detail & follow through
- Ability to establish work priorities and manage workload autonomously
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- High degree of integrity, ethical decision-making & sound business judgment
- Ability to learn new applications as required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and/or predictive modeling software such as SPSS Modeler
- Database management/data hygiene
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
To apply for this job please visit americanpublicmedia.applicantpro.com.