Website MN Department of Revenue
This position is responsible for tax research and analysis. Duties include; developing revenue estimates, forecasting the impact of proposed changes in tax laws, creating and running tax models, creating and maintaining databases to support analysis, conducting studies and analyses of state tax and related budget issues, and writing reports.
A Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy or closely-related field that includes research and quantitative training,
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a closely related field that includes research and quantitative training AND one year full -time equivalent experience either working with taxes or conducting research or quantitative analysis work.
Two years of full-time equivalent professional experience working with tax policy or conducting research in economics or public policy analysis
An equivalent combination of full-time equivalent analysis experience and education
Applicants who meet the above requirements will be further evaluated based on the following:
- Related training, coursework and experience.
- Human relation skills to work on a team while completing projects.
- Computer training or experience with SAS, SPSS, SQL or equivalent software to conduct quantitative or statistical analysis.
- Training or experience developing models or conducting modeling activities.
- Ability to complete work under tight deadlines.
- Successful participation in the Minnesota Star of the North Fellowship program.
Requires occasional moving of articles such as boxes, accounting records, laptop computer, and portable printer.
Prior to an offer of employment, a background check will be conducted. This will include, but is not limited to checking degrees and licensures, criminal history, and tax filing and payment history. All individual income tax filing and payment obligations must be current prior to interviewing for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
To apply for this job please visit careers.mn.gov.