Manager, Data Science – Platform Engineering
Digital Marketing is a critical part of every consumer journey, but many companies only measure its impact on their digital outcomes. Our focus on enterprise-level optimization at Ovative Group can’t be found anywhere else, and our clients are household names that span multiple industries, including retail, healthcare, education, CPG, and hospitality.
This data science position is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to take the next step in a leadership role at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success. The ideal candidate demonstrates great critical thinking, sophisticated understanding of the data science landscape, familiarity with the marketing ecosystem, phenomenal communication skills and inspiring leadership abilities. They are excited to play a pivotal role in helping Ovative continue our journey towards measuring and optimizing against the true enterprise impact of marketing dollars, and ultimately unlocking powerful business results for our clients.
- Help create the future of the DS – Platform Engineering team (30%)
- Manage & mentor a small but growing group of talented data scientists
- Spearhead team vision & identity across the Data Science group, and Ovative as a whole
- Partner with stakeholders to prioritize workstreams and identify growth opportunities
- Design, develop and deploy ML engineering tools & infrastructure to support the Ovative mission (70%)
- Partner with your team and other technical leaders to establish ML engineering/ML Ops as a core tenet of the Ovative tech stack
- Build machine learning components of our best-in-class measurement product, and partner with our broader tech organization to move those components into production.
- 4-8 years of data science/engineering experience with a clear history of technical project leadership
- 4+ years leveraging design patterns and core software engineering principles to enable a clean, efficient & scalable codebase
- 1-2 years managing other data scientists or software engineers
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, identify solutions (and their potential impacts) and present recommendations to internal or external stakeholders.
- Expertise in both supervised & unsupervised machine learning techniques, as well as the overall model development cycle
- Capability to drive both technical and business aspects of a project, including requirements gathering and stakeholder communication
- Ability to serve as a technical expert to the rest of the company
- Fluent in R (tidyverse) or Python (Pandas/Numpy)
- In-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle and deployment of production-grade machine learning models
- Basic understanding of statistics, including hypothesis testing, parametric & non-parametric distributions, etc.
- Preferred qualifications: Experience working within an Agile environment, Web app/API development experience, Prior focus on digital marketing analytics
Benefits of working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work.
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit ovative.com.