Website Ovative Group
Digital Marketing is a critical part of every consumer journey, but many companies only measure its impact on their digital outcomes. Ovative/group is a digital marketing and measurement agency focused on activating enterprise value through marketing, analytics, and technology services. Our focus on enterprise-level optimization can’t be found anywhere else, and our clients are household names that span multiple industries, including retail, healthcare, education, CPG, and hospitality.
The Ovative Group Senior Data Scientist position is an opportunity for an experienced candidate to take the next step in a leadership role at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success. The ideal candidate demonstrates great critical thinking, sophisticated understanding of the data science landscape, familiarity with the marketing ecosystem, phenomenal communication skills and inspiring mentorship abilities. They are excited to play a pivotal role in helping Ovative continue our journey towards measuring and optimizing against the true enterprise impact of marketing dollars, and ultimately unlocking powerful business results for our clients.
Core Responsibilities of a Senior Data Scientist:
Design, develop and deploy predictive analytics solutions (50%)
- Build machine learning components of our best-in-class measurement & attribution product, and partner with our Data Engineering group to move those components into production.
- Work with internal business teams to create & enhance the technical foundation of product offerings across our entire organization.
Execute & communicate client-specific analyses (30%)
- Leverage & improve our in-market A/B testing methodology and share key results with internal & external stakeholders.
- Drive ad hoc analytics work including hierarchical clustering, trend analysis and related tasks.
Help create the future of Data Science at O/g (20%)
- Serve as a team (and Ovative-wide) Subject Matter Expert for predictive modeling
- Mentor & manage junior data scientists
- Assist client-facing teams with bridging the written & verbal communication gap between business needs and data science solutions.
- 4-8 years of data science/analytics experience with a clear history of technical project leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, identify solutions (and their potential impacts) and present recommendations to internal or external stakeholders.
- Expertise in both supervised & unsupervised machine learning techniques, as well as the overall model development cycle
- Capability to drive both technical and business aspects of a project, including requirements gathering and stakeholder communication
- Ability to mentor junior data scientists and serve as a technical expert to the rest of the company
- Fluent in Python (Pandas/Numpy) or R (tidyverse)
- Foundational understanding of software development & engineering principles (git, Pull Requests, testing, etc)
Thorough understanding of statistics, including hypothesis testing, parametric & non-parametric distributions, etc
Preferred but not required:
- Prior focus on digital marketing analytics, Media Mix Modeling, Bayesian statistics, experience with simulation frameworks (simpy, etc), Structural Equation Modeling
To apply for this job please visit ovative.com.