Website Securian Financial
$62,800 – $78,500/year depending on qualifications and experience.
Department: Technical Customer Experience & Insights
The Digital Analytics and Optimization Analyst will use their digital analytics expertise to support enterprise initiatives and drive business growth, productivity, and efficiency. They will deliver meaningful, measurable results through the analysis of digital programs and the optimization of digital properties (web, mobile, social, etc.). They will work with the business/corporate areas to develop metrics, reports and best practices within a suite of digital analytics tools. They will also partner with business/corporate areas and IT to execute online tests to optimize the performance of our digital properties.
What you would do in this job:
1. Maintains enterprise level KPI reports/dashboards to monitor the health and performance of Securian’s digital properties.
- Tracks performance over time and conducts analysis to tell the story of how enhancements/changes are influencing digital KPIs.
- Provides insight on how these KPIs, specifically the improvement of these KPIs, can drive business growth, productivity, or efficiency.
- Effectively presents and explains the digital KPIs to diverse audiences, many with different levels of digital expertise.
- Enhances reports/dashboards as new data/tooling becomes available to meet needs.
2. Drives the adoption of digital analytics at Securian by training and educating management and end users on digital analytics concepts, applications and best practices.
- Consults with business/corporate partners to identify how digital analytics can impact their business.
- Uses data visualization tools to help business/corporate partners understand trends and more complex analytical insights.
- Participates in data governance to ensure a consistent definition and representation of digital data.
- Assists with the tagging process of new variables to be tracked within web analytics tools (for example, Adobe Analytics). Develops and/or approve tagging changes and requests.
3. Prioritizes, executes and analyzes online tests using optimization tools.
- Works with site owners and content creators to prioritize optimization opportunities across Securian’s web properties.
- Executes online tests using optimization tools (for example, Adobe Target).
- Analyzes and presents results to various stakeholder groups with varying level of statistical/testing background.
4. Serves as subject matter expert on digital analytics tools.
- Helps identify tagging gaps in current implementation plan.
- Supports the use of web analytics and optimization tools throughout Securian.
- Identifies business needs for new tools/solutions.
- Researches, recommends and supports the implementation of additional digital analytics tools.
- Identifies and investigates data anomalies and work with IT to ensure data quality and correct tagging procedure.
5. Perform related activities as directed, and manage personal self-development to prepare for new responsibilities and challenges in a changing environment.
What we’d expect from you:
- 2+ years work experience in digital analytics.
- Degree in field such as marketing (digital focus), statistics, mathematics, data science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Omniture/Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, email and social analytics platforms, Foresee, Tealeaf, etc.).
- Experience integrating multiple data sources to develop cross-channel insights (web/mobile/social/etc.).
- Strong communication skills to educate business users on digital analytics concepts and metrics.
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively work in a variety of subject matter.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and project coordination skills to work across multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Preferred skills for this job:
- Experience in website optimization tools (e.g. Adobe Target) a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales technology platforms (Salesforce, ExactTarget, Journey Builder, Pardot, etc.).
- Familiarity with the insurance and financial services marketplace, products, distribution channels and target markets to effectively hone in on the most relevant data and KPIs to drive successful business strategies is a plus.
What you could expect from us:
Securian Financial is based in downtown St. Paul for the past 130 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000+ employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges – 80% of our jobs go to our current employees.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Discounted Metro Transit costs. All buses and the light rail stop within 3 blocks of our buildings.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks available in many areas.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 6 hours per day
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-3 hours per day
- Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire workday
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at EmployeeRelations@securian.com
For all inquiries about this position, please apply directly on our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com