Website Securian Financial
$69,400 – $86,700/year depending on qualifications and experience
This position is eligible for a target bonus of 5%.
Department: Technical Customer Experience and Insight
The HR Data Analytics Lead will use their data and analytics expertise to support HR objectives as well as drive talent strategies. They will deliver meaningful, measurable results through the analysis of HR initiatives. They will work closely with the HR areas, addressing their data and analytics needs and requests. They will help extract data from a variety of sources, clean/manipulate data, and develop/validate predictive models. They will analyze data to answer key HR questions and present those insights to leadership.
What you would do in this job:
1. Develop and maintain predictive models for our HR department.
- Identify necessary data sources to be used in modeling efforts and partner with ET and data owners to gain access to necessary data sources.
- Where possible, build repeatable processes/scripts for data extraction/cleansing.
- Maintain current and future models, this could include rescoring and refreshing predictive models on a quarterly basis. Validate model accuracy and track model performance.
2. Drive the adoption of analytics in HR by training and educating end users on analytics concepts, applications and best practices.
- Consult with HR areas to identify how data and analytics can impact their business.
- Use data visualization tools to help HR understand trends and more complex analytical insights.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and develop reports to answer unique HR questions.
3. Explore future use cases for analytics in HR.
- Partner with HR to gain a better understanding of HR functions and use that knowledge to identify future use cases of analytics.
- Use wide range of analytical tools to do exploratory analysis and frame up analytical use cases.
- Document and present use cases to HR.
- With all work, operate with a test/learn mentality with an emphasis on providing clear measurement of the business impact of our work.
- Stay up to date and educate partners on the latest techniques and tools from the analytics/data science community.
4. Perform related activities as directed, and manage personal self-development to prepare for new responsibilities and challenges in a changing environment.
What we’d expect from you:
- 2+ years’ experience in analytics.
- Strong knowledge of analytics tools (e.g. R, SAS, Tableau, SQL, Excel, etc.)
- Strong ability manipulating data (extraction, cleansing, joining, etc.)
- Degree in field such as statistics, mathematics, data science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience integrating multiple data sources to develop HR insights
- Strong communication skills to educate HR users on analytics concepts and techniques.
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively work in a variety of subject matter.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and project coordination skills to work across multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Preferred skills for this job:
- Experience with Big Data systems (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, etc.)
- Knowledge in a variety of technology platforms (Salesforce, ExactTarget, Journey Builder, Pardot, etc.)
- Familiarity with HR functions to effectively hone in on the most relevant data and KPIs to drive successful talent strategies
What you could expect from us:
Securian Financial is based in downtown St. Paul for the past 130 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000+ employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- No weekend or late night hours.
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges – 80% of our jobs go to our current employees.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Discounted Metro Transit costs. All buses and the light rail stop within 3 blocks of our buildings.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks available in many areas.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 4-6 hours per day
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-3 hours per day
- Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire workday
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at EmployeeRelations@securian.com
To apply for this job please visit www.securian.com.