Website Fairview Health Services
The Senior Reporting and Analytics Engineer role is responsible to build design, develop, and maintain data visualization and queries for a multi-tier, high-end business application. This position will work with customers and internal subject matter experts to design reporting specifications. This position will be responsible for data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting. This role is key in leading initiatives providing reporting and visualization into system level clinical and financial performance. Creates data visualization based on requirements submitted by various departments within Fairview. Identify issues and opportunities to enhance data management and reporting and is responsible for both detailed and high-level problem solving, data analysis, data extraction and reporting.
As a Sr Research Engineer in the Analytics division, this role is expected to understand and adhere to research requirements and regulations while providing data analysis and reporting to clinical researchers. Pulling data directly from systems, synthesizing analysis and adhering to protocols and laws.
- Independently create queries to meet research protocol needs. Adhere to regulations and protocols for the research proposals. Validate and synthesize analysis of research data sets. Use statistical analysis to help create publishable data and findings. Support other research protocol needs as defined.
- Leads initiatives to various types reporting and analytic output using tools defined by Epic, Fairview IT, and the business. This role will include the use of advanced analytic and visualization tools and methods as well.
- Accountable to chief medical officers, nurses, physicians, and leadership to create advance operational analytic data visualization using electronic medical record data and other source systems.
- Proficient in creating enterprise level written narrative summaries that outline project purpose, methodology, summary of findings, trends of interest, and opportunities for consideration.
- Captures, cleanses, and transforms data to provide insight and actionable recommendations.
- Creates written narrative summaries that outline project purpose, methodology, summary of findings, trends of interest, and opportunities for consideration.
- Provides technical, analytical and business guidance to other team members and other departments with Fairview.
- Proficient in: Displaying original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification of associate degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience is required
- 5 to 7 years of experience in healthcare data analysis and/or report writing
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and organize multiple projects and responsibilities.
- SQL(PL/SQL or T-SQL) and Crystal report programming experience is required.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills.
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively to address problems.
- Ability to write and present data visualization and presentations.
- Experience with reporting Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) within an enterprise Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- SQL, Statistical analysis, Epic Clarity Data Models, Research Protocol and Data Analysis.
- Master’s Degree in a Clinical field, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline preferred
To apply for this job please visit external-fairview.icims.com.