No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You’ll help improve the health of millions. And you’ll do your life’s best work.(sm)
The primary function of a Talent Analytics Consultant is to support Human Capital Partner’s (generalists) and Business Leader’s mission to generate business results through workforce data and insights. You will act as a strategic thought-partner as you consult with Human Capital Leaders to identify and drive maximum business impact. To accomplish this, you will utilize data analysis methodologies, tools and approaches to provide insights into human behavior, translate business objectives and challenges into analytics priorities, and communicate talent analytics findings to influence and inform business decisions.
You will report to the Director of the Talent Analytics & Consulting and be an integral part of the Talent Insights Team. Typical projects will include identifying workforce trends and issues, discovering the drivers of workforce engagement and productivity, and assessing the effectiveness of various talent initiatives together with centers of excellence partners.
Advisory Services / Consultation:
- Collaborate with Human Capital Partners and Business Leaders to identify workforce business priorities and communicate their connection to Human Capital Analytics strategies
- Act as an Subject Matter Expert on the latest approaches to Human Capital Analytics to drive creative and innovative solutions to workforce questions or issues
- Provide and reinforce high-level analytics education for Human Capital Partners to enable and elevate their ability to navigate data metrics and analyses
- Formulate the right questions in order to develop the best approach for data analyses
- Develop hypotheses, document assumptions, and analyze results as they relate to key business imperatives
- Work with reporting team to identify data needs, sources, and structures to support client issues problem solving
- Analyze/interpret the results of analyses and develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations
- Serve as the primary liaison for human capital partners and business leaders on Human Capital analytics strategies, priorities, and needs
- Proactively broaden and deepen relationships with human capital partners and business leaders
- Build and maintain relationships with the greater Human Capital Analytics CoE and analytics teams in other business functions (e.g., Marketing Intelligence, Six Sigma) to share methodologies, tools, and practices
- Compile, disseminate and deliver research presentations regarding results of data analysis
- Communicate technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences (e.g., understand audience needs, translate data into readily-understood terms)
- Facilitate communication and provide guidance to business units and senior management regarding findings and recommendations
- Develop business requirements and suggest deliverables (e.g., goals, scope, roles, timelines, and expected outcomes) related to analytics projects
- Establish and successfully execute engagements against SLA’s, Project deadlines and KPIs
- Establish management processes and monitoring methods to ensure ongoing success and planned delivery of services
Education & Ongoing Learning:
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices regarding human capital analytics
- Build Human Capital Partner data acumen and foster culture of analytics through education & training
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience using conceptual data analytics to formulate hypothesis, determine assumptions to test, and interpret data / results
- Consulting / client facing / client management experience
- Excel – strong intermediate skills (e.g. importing data, creating pivot tables, data validation, using IF statements, v-lookups, etc.)
- Familiarity with business intelligence and reporting tools such as Tableau or Domo (Domo preferred)
- Data acumen, including the ability to identify trends, anomalies and points requiring additional investigation
- Ability to integrate and manipulate large amounts of data
- PowerPoint competency
- Curiosity for learning and working in ambiguous environments
- Working experience using quantitative / statistical techniques
- Familiarity with human capital metrics / measures
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with any of the following statistical tools; SAS, R, Minitab and/or SPSS
- Excel – advanced skills (e.g. automating labor intensive tasks, creating dashboards / complex visuals, modeling, using macros & VBA, etc.)
- Understanding of relational database functionality
- Healthcare industry knowledge
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.