No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You’ll help improve the health of millions. And you’ll do your life’s best work.
The primary function of a Talent Analytics Consultant is to support Human Capital Partners and Business Leaders mission to generate business results through workforce data and insights. In this role, you will be an integral part of the Talent Analytics team. You will work together with a Talent Analytics leaders to translate business objectives and challenges into analytics projects, prioritize client requests, and deliver analytics and reporting to human capital business partners. Projects will include identifying workforce trends and issues, discovering the drivers of workforce engagement and productivity, assessing the effectiveness of various talent initiatives together with centers of excellence partners, and communicating talent analytics findings to inform and influence business decisions.
- Create and deliver employee data analyses and reporting to Talent Analytics leaders and Human Capital Partners
- Interpret the results of data analyses and develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations
- Gather requirements for employee data requests from Human Capital Partners and Talent Analytics leaders
- Prepare data for analysis by collecting, consolidating, and manipulating data from multiple sources
- Provide data and support to data scientists executing advanced analytics projects (e.g., comprehensive data modeling, statistical analyses), as needed, in partnership with Talent Analytics leaders
- Compile presentations to effectively synthesize and communicate results and implications of human capital data findings and trends
- Proactively manage and support projects / initiatives aligned to key priorities of the Talent Analytics function
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with Human Capital Partners, and internal partners in Data
- Management, Reporting and other human capital functions
- Educate Human Capital Partners on self-service tools, and help build data acumen
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices regarding human capital analytics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3 or more years of experience using conceptual data analytics to formulate hypothesis, determine assumptions to test, and interpret data / results
- Excel – Advanced skills (e.g. importing data, creating pivot tables, data validation, using IF statements, v-lookups, etc.)
- Familiarity with business intelligence and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Data acumen, including the ability to identify trends, anomalies and points requiring additional investigation
- Ability to integrate and manipulate large amounts of data
- Travel up to 25%
- Experience working with human capital / talent metrics and measures
- Familiarity with any of the following statistical tools; SAS, R, Minitab and/or SPSS
- Excel – Expert skills (e.g. automating labor intensive tasks, creating dashboards / complex visuals, modeling, using macros & VBA, etc.)
- PowerPoint competency
- Understanding of relational database functionality
- Proficiency in quantitative / statistical techniques
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Curiosity for learning and working in ambiguous environments
- Skilled to effectively communicate and consult with clients on conclusions of data analysis, and action-plans
- Professional communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/data/jobs/optuminsight-consulting/753898-talent-analytics-consultant-minnetonka-mn →