Senior-level reporting position with responsibility for the design and delivery of a comprehensive suite of applications that display metrics and results supporting the Advice Strategy. Responsible for monitoring and reporting key performance metrics. Leads consultation to obtain business reporting requirements and provides leadership to functional teams. Provides proactive vision and reporting enhancements to Sr. leaders and key stakeholders to help them meet their strategic objectives
* Remote work options available
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and analyze all metrics (e.g., program KPIs, digital tool use) critical to Advice adoption and the strategic initiatives of the Advice COE
- Identify actionable trends and themes by mining large datasets, developing deep business insights to syndicate with relevant stakeholders in a digestible format
- Collaborate with key leaders to understand business objectives and the connection to report application design and deployment.
- Provides oversight and expertise for the development of reporting solutions designed to meet the objectives of the business
- Oversee the maintenance and daily report operations of the division. Adjust and modify reporting solutions to keep pace with changing requirements.
- Supports business leaders by proactively providing consultation and collaboration to design reporting solution to meet their strategic and tactical needs.
- Ensure that metrics are consistently reported and updated in Thrivent platforms and forums (e.g., ELT) that are outside of the Advice COE
- Identify and resolve highly complex problems with report design including tool, data, system and network issues.
- Provides Governance leadership for the reporting and data environment.
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients
Required Job Qualifications
- College degree required. The ideal candidate will have a degree in data analytics/data science, mathematics, business, statistics, information systems or related field
- 5+ years using database and data warehouse environments, prior experience in Financial Services and Life and/or Health insurance preferred
- Comfortable with data analysis
- Ability to confidently and clearly present data insights to senior leadership
- Comfortable utilizing reporting tools such as SQL, SAS, Power BI, including the development of self service report applications and data structure for advance querying.
Other Critical Factors
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Able to work with a sense of urgency on multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a stated objective
- Ability to utilize technology to create reports and/or secure information necessary for decision making in a manner that is readily consumable by leadership.
- Expert with Microsoft Power BI, SQL, SAS and Business Objects including the development of self-service report applications and data structure for advance querying.
To apply for this job please visit thrivent.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.