Website Trane Technologies
A pure-play climate company seeking out sustainable solutions
Preferred locations: Virtual Role.
Also open to office locations in Minneapolis, MN; Davidson, NC; Tyler, TX; La Crosse, WI; Broomfield, CO.
Do you want to help save the planet? Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide by 2030? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
Trane Technologies Residential HVAC and Supply business offers a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, air quality products, home automation and parts support. We ensure our customers are safe and comfortable, while reducing the impact on our shared environment. Our brands include Trane, American Standard, RunTru and Ameristar.
We are growing a machine learning capability in the customer experience and sales space. We are looking for an innovative data scientist that can help drive this effort and deliver on the machine learning (ML) roadmap. We have an ambitious plan for 2022 and beyond and are looking for a self-starter with real-world experience to come in to guide and execute on ML models. This individual will work with a data engineer and analytics team, as well as our IT partners to develop and implement predictive models. Hands-on experience with model development as well as engagement with business clients are needed for this critical position.
- Engage with business to strategically identify and scope out new machine learning opportunities.
- Evaluate data and business problems to determine the suitability of data science approach.
- Research and devise innovative statistical models
- Deliver Machine Learning projects from end-to-end:
- Identify the required data sets and appropriate modeling approaches to address business problem.
- Partner with data engineers to access the data pipeline.
- Own feature engineering that may span multiple, complex data sources.
- Responsible for developing multiple models using random forest, XG Boost, K-Means clustering and other state-of-the art methods.
- Test and compare model results using statistical tools to select the best model.
- Lead discussions around model outcomes with business SMEs to validate predictions and explain results.
- Recommend model refresh schedule. Initially manage model monitoring once in production.
- Advise and adhere to security protocol for different data sets.
- Research and experiment with new technologies to keep the team on the cutting edge and leveraging the latest thinking in the machine learning space.
- Operate in an agile fashion to deliver regular “demos” to the customer
- BS/BA degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, MIS, engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on data science role, additional years of experience in related analytics field a plus.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing analytical solution using techniques such as machine learning, propensity matching, hypothesis testing and descriptive statistics
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Knowledge of machine learning platforms, and experience working with IT organizations.
- Able to recognize and help guide the business to identify appropriate uses of ML.
- Experience with multiple models, and knowledge of when to apply each – clustering, classification, random forest, regression,
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python (preferred) or R
- Experience with one or more: Jupyter Notebooks, PyCharm, Spark, GitHub, Sagemaker, and AWS or other cloud-based environments.
- Experience with data visualization tools preferable – Tableau, Matplotlib, etc.
- Excellent communication skills –able to convey complex concepts to technical and business teams in a simple and understandable way.
- Agile experience a plus.
- Technical Excellence—comfortable around very large data sets and utilizing machine learning tools/languages appropriately
- Machine Learning Expertise – strong communication skills to fully understand the business question to be answered. Excellent data exploration techniques to determine if the data available is sufficient to answer the business question. Superior technical capability to identify and develop the right Machine Learning model for the problem at hand.
- Cross Functional Collaboration – within analytics teams, the business and IT.
- Innate Curiosity – constant drive to learn more, ask questions, seek better outcomes
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Trane Technologies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com