Website Trane Technologies
A pure-play climate company seeking out sustainable solutions
Data visualization can change the world! Data is useless, unless the business understands it, and it changes what they do next. Our team develops sophisticated dashboards that allow for interactive data exploration and game-changing insights. We are looking for an innovative leader in the data visualization space that can continue to drive development and adoption of dashboards. Currently focused on descriptive and diagnostic data, we are expanding quickly into the predictive space. Passion for data, understanding how people comprehend information, and a commitment to customer focus are key to finding success on this team.
- Lead development of world-class dashboards to enable sophisticated self-service analysis by sales leaders and other business executives.
- Use data visualizations to facilitate storytelling, and data exploration.
- Understand business needs and strategy, gather requirements and translate into dashboard design.
- Lead team and organizational thinking about new and better ways to display information.
- Promote design-thinking in dashboard development.
- Understand and develop data structures required to combine multiple data sets to allow for multi-faceted data exploration and performant dashboards.
- Manage launch of data products through training material development, training sessions, and on-going support for business teams.
- Data exploration to identify and understand new data sets that can enhance the value of dashboards and insights.
- Partner within the team, IT and broader organization to develop and launch innovative data products.
- Operate in an agile fashion to deliver regular “demos” to the customer
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on data visualization role.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau and Tableau Server. Certifications preferred. Be prepared to show your work in interviews.
- Comfortable writing Level of Detail calculations and table calculations, expertise in applying filters and using parameters within Tableau.
- Able to join tables, and build data sets for Tableau consumption.
- Advanced knowledge of Alteryx, and Alteryx workflows to support data set development preferred.
- Experience with large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills –able to convey complex concepts to technical and business teams in a simple and understandable way.
- Participant in Tableau or analytics community.
- Agile experience a plus.
- Technical Excellence—comfortable around large data sets and using Tableau to create beautiful and functional dashboards.
- Cross Functional Collaboration – within analytics teams, the business and IT
- Innate Curiosity – constant drive to learn more, ask questions, seek better outcomes
- Creativity – think differently and apply new solutions to old problems.
- Visualization Expertise – understand how people perceive data and information and incorporate into work.
To apply for this job please visit ttcareers.referrals.selectminds.com.