Website Trane Technologies
A pure-play climate company.
We are looking for an innovative data engineer to help establish a machine learning capability in the marketing and sales space for Trane, a pure-play climate company. With ambitious goals in 2020, we need a contributor to help us specify the machine learning platform, and work with the team to get the data ready for model development. The ideal candidate will have experience in and be able to guide decisions about the ML environment, work with the IT team to advise on data structure, and dabble in model development. This candidate’s first love should be data, with enough practical experience in modeling to know what is required.
- Engage with the current analytics team to understand the data sets available, and top priority business questions.
- Assemble large and complex data sets for machine learning.
- Develop data pipelines for proof-of-concept model development, and work with IT to develop the plan for production-ready pipelines.
- Explore new data sets within the company that live in operational systems, or with third parties that could enrich our data and enhance our models.
- Engage with IT partners to understand the current Hadoop environment, and craft recommendations for tools and infrastructure to support machine learning.
- Manage documentation of data, and assist IT in developing analytics-friendly data dictionary for the benefit of our team and others.
- Advise and adhere to security protocol for different data sets.
- Research and experiment with new technologies to keep the team on the cutting edge and leveraging the latest thinking in the machine learning space.
- Initial work will include model development, which will lessen as the team grows.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, MIS, engineering or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on data engineering/machine learning role, additional years of experience in related analytics field a plus.
- Knowledge of machine learning platforms, and experience working with IT organizations.
- Data cleaning and engineering experience in transforming primary data sources into ones consumable in the data science realm.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python or R required.
- Experience with one or more: Jupyter Notebooks, Hadoop, Sqoop, Spark, GitHub, Tableau, Alteryx and cloud based environments.
- Excellent communication skills –able to convey complex concepts to technical and business teams in a simple and understandable way.
- Software development experience a plus.
- Agile experience a plus.
- Technical Excellence—comfortable around large data sets and utilizing machine learning tools/languages appropriately
- Analytical skills—able to access and explore big data sets to determine if the data available is sufficient to answer the business questions being asked
- Cross Functional Collaboration – within the business and IT
To apply for this job please visit ttcareers.referrals.selectminds.com.