Business & Technology
FTE, downtown Minneapolis, small non-profit
Data Analyst, SQL dev, Crystal Reports to SSRS, Tableau
He is looking for:
- candidates that have any DataWarehouse Design experience (prefer at least 2 years
- experience to convert Crystal Reports to SSRS. Half of the reports are converted right now.
- Someone to help with several projects – dealing with several applications. Ex. Getting a property management solution into a data warehouse / developing SSRS reports for solutions.
- Someone who has the desire to learn, as well as train others / strong team player.
Interview process: phone interview with hiring manager, then in-person interview with management team & meet IT team.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the support of data and business intelligence solutions in an enterprise environment. This includes developing new BI solutions, administering BI applications, performing data analysis, undertaking application QA testing, and supporting database development/administration. In addition, this position will be expected to troubleshoot any data-related problems and respond to customer requests through an IT ticketing system. This position will work in partnership with the Information Systems team to achieve goals of the department that are in line with the organizational strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of ethics and core values.
- Create BI solutions using tools including, but not limited to Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services, and Tableau.
- Present data in meaningful and accessible ways to internal and external stakeholders
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Support SQL database administration, writing triggers, functions, queries, and stored procedures as needed
- Maintain data dictionary by revising and entering definitions
- Maintain user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions
- Assist with administration and implementation of current and future BI platforms
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring the relevance, accuracy, and timeliness of data and reporting for purposes of accountability and client outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field; practical experience can be used in lieu of education.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, writing queries, and relational databases
- 2+ years of experience in developing reports/BI solutions
- Understanding of core data modelling principles (fact vs dimension tables, conceptual and logical data models, etc.)
- Proficiency in creating technical documentation consumable by non-tech savvy individuals
- Previous experience with ETL processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with statistical analysis utilities a plus.
Please send a Word resume and lets chat.
Business & IT Recruiter
connect with me: www.LinkedIN.com/in/johnsturgeleski
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org