Optum is embarking on a major strategic initiative to transform the ways in which each person’s health care is provided and experienced. Optum aims to become the world leader in personalized health care at a scale that makes a difference, both through its products and services and by enabling others to provide and receive the care to which they aspire. Furthermore, Optum touches many aspects of the health and care of hundreds of millions of individuals around the world. Few organizations occupy such a privileged position; Optum now has both, the opportunity and the social responsibility, to use that position to tackle the serious shortcomings in health care delivery globally.
The desired candidate for this position should be considered a true expert in the area of context-relevant hyper-personalized systems and must exemplify grit and the indomitable spirit to see things through as the groups’ activities lead them into uncharted territory. This leader will have the opportunity to build the team over time, which will initially require them to play equal parts leader and hands-on builder.
- Adding to and utilizing Optum’s current data assets to identify opportunities to develop and/or optimize contextual products and services that deliver omnichannel and delightful experiences for its members.
- Create and manage the roadmap for implementation from analytics to activation in conjunction with technology partners
- Work closely with marketing partners to build and maintain customer acquisition and retention strategies for the Direct to Consumer (D2C) portfolio
- Setting, monitoring and measuring the value created by those products and their impact on consumer NPS and shareholder EPS.
- Recruiting and managing an inter-disciplinary high-performing team across matrix ’ed environment.
- Setting relevant priorities, aligning operational processes and monitoring progress across the teams.
- Seeking partnerships with both, internal and external business groups to promote commercial expansion.
- Develop and manage to KPIs that identify opportunities to optimize technology, people, and processes related to consumer data
- 10+ years of experience leading data strategy and/or analytics function; ideally with experience working with consumer-centric data
- Deep and rich experience working with data to deliver business-changing analytics, data science, and marketing personalization
- Comprehensive understanding of digital marketing (e.g. CMS, SEO/SEM, conversion optimization)
- Experience managing teams of direct and indirect reports, ideally in a matrix environment
- Full understanding of data privacy principles and practices
- Full range of communication skills tailored to the audience (e.g. presenting complex ideas simply, conveying rich technical detail)
- Degree in quantitative discipline – statistics, mathematics, data science
- Expert proficiency using analytical tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, Tableau, R) and applied statistical methods (e.g. machine learning)
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.