Website Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for an Analytics Manager to lead the Movement Insights team, reporting to the Director of Decision Science. In this role, you will lead a team of data scientists and analysts whose insights guide strategies and tactics aimed at achieving our vision: a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Your team partners with product managers, engineers, and colleagues across the Wikimedia movement to produce and share actionable and accessible data and insights to inform decision-making within the Foundation and in Wikimedia communities.
As the Analytics Manager, you will work with leaders in the Foundation to converge on critical metrics to measure our progress on strategic goals. You will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by creating shared data processes and procedures. And you will support the design of data products and tools that make critical data more accessible to stakeholders in the Foundation and in Wikimedia communities.
You are responsible for:
- Coaching a team of data scientists and analysts and nurturing a strongly collaborative and inclusive culture of trust, excellence, and empowerment.
- Clarifying and standardizing core organizational and movement metrics.
- Partnering with Data Engineering to automate data pipelines and build data products that make data and insights accessible.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the Research & Decision Science group to cultivate a practice of data-informed decision-making across the Foundation.
- Managing evaluation and analysis to support organization-wide forecasting, goal-setting, and strategic planning.
- Continuous development and improvement of our data models, visualizations, and reports for easier interpretation and increased accessibility.
- Sharing results and knowledge derived from data with Foundation staff and Wikimedia communities.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading cross-team initiatives to identify, define, and track core metrics.
- A coach and mentor with high emotional intelligence: evidenced by humility, tact, compassion, high levels of integrity, and good listening skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Experience leading projects and programs to build and maintain user-facing data products such as dashboards, trusted datasets, and knowledge bases.
- A facilitator with strong collaboration skills and an empowerment approach to open and transparent management.
Qualities that are important to us:
- Ability to explain data and insights clearly to non-specialist audiences and gain their understanding and confidence.
- Empathy towards and commitment to work with the Wikimedia affiliates and volunteer communities.
- Discretion and competence in handling sensitive or confidential data.
- Curiosity and critical thinking skills; a lifelong learner who sees situations through multiple lenses.
- Ability to link qualitative and quantitative information to make actionable recommendations to the Wikimedia Foundation and communities.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization and our values and guiding principles.
- Self-motivated with an ability to navigate through ambiguity and complexity. The Wikimedia ecosystem is complex, resources are limited, and our guiding principles are ambitious. We want you to work to find solutions embracing these factors.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Exposure to, and interest in, ethical data management and privacy practices.
- Experience with large-scale data processing & storage tools (we use Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark).
- Contributed to Wikimedia projects or have experience working in other open source projects.
- Experience with Superset or other open source visualization and reporting tools.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a remote-first organization with staff members including contractors based in more than 50 countries. Salaries at the Wikimedia Foundation are set in a way that is competitive, equitable, and consistent with our values and culture. The anticipated annual pay range of this position for applicants based within the United States is US $112,094 to US $172,474 with multiple individualized factors, including cost of living in the location, being the determinants of the offered pay. For applicants located outside of the US, the pay range will be adjusted to the country of hire. We neither ask for nor take into consideration the salary history of applicants. The compensation for a successful applicant will be based on their skills, experience and location.
All applicants can reach out to their recruiter to understand more about the specific pay range for their location during the interview process.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.