MinneMUDAC is Saturday, Nov. 4 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. at Optum, 13625 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN. Teams and advisors are also encouraged to attend a pre-event dinner and panel discussion with industry experts on Friday, Nov. 3 (location TBA).
Student registration is sold out, but those interested in participating may join the waiting list at this link.
Judges and Mentors
We are seeking professionals from the analytics community to serve as judges and provide valuable feedback to students. If you are available from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Nov. 4 and would like to get involved, register using the “Judge/Mentor” option at this link.
Want to talk to the best up-and-coming data science and analytics candidates? Participate in the MinneMUDAC Career and Internship Fair! Contact email@example.com to reserve your spot. Find out more
Benefits to Students:
- Real world experience with a real world problem – and real data.
- The right fit with Graduate, Undergraduate, and Novice Divisions.
- Career and internship opportunities: active recruitment at both the event and after.
- Prize money ($15,000 in total last year) and bragging rights.
Benefits to Schools:
- Put your program on the map in this growing area.
- Network and learn from other schools in the data science and analytics space.
- Participating schools are eligible for our scholarship awards.
- Diabetes in younger patients.
- Optum is providing de-identified administrative medical and pharmacy claims data.
- Teams are not expected to have clinical knowledge, but should know how to analyze data and present the results.
- Multiple WebEx’s will introduce students and faculty to the data and the challenge question.
- Each team requires a faculty or staff advisor to register a team as well as provide support throughout the competition.
- Teams are limited to five students.
- MinneMUDAC 2017 consists of two divisions: undergraduate and graduate. All students must be undergraduates to participate in the undergraduate division. Mixed teams are permitted and participate in the graduate division.
- Colleges and universities outside of Minnesota are encouraged to participate. MinneAnalytics covers room accommodations for teams traveling from outside the Minneapolis/St Paul seven county metropolitan area.
- More than one team from the same college or university may participate. Individual students may only join one team.
- Registration: Now thru mid-October.
- Data release: Oct 2nd.
- Competition conclusion and career fair: Nov 4th in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
- Teams outside the 7-county metro area will be provided free lodging.
Access to Data
Teams will receive access to the data only after their team faculty or staff advisor fills out the Data Use Agreement. This agreement is emailed to each team’s listed advisor after registration.
For more information or to get involved, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.