A Data Scientist at Affinity Plus will work with stakeholders across the organization to understand complex business problems and identify solutions to improve member experience. Not only will this person develop and implement analytic solutions that support banking service channels and their communications with credit union members, they’ll be contributing to the evolution of the way Affinity Plus looks at the science behind the way the credit union uses their data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with Business Intelligence team on brainstorming, collecting insights from different databases and researching alternative business practices and strategies
- Collaborating across multi-functional teams to identify opportunities for improving member experiences and interactions and developing strategic decisions through data and statistical analyses
- Applying statistical analysis and predictive models to build, maintain and improve analytic models that improve financial wellbeing of our members, e.g. Data Mining
Programming statistical tools (Python and R) and database querying language (SQL) in coordination with IT on joint development efforts for database work and developing operational models
- Effectively communicating findings, analytic strategies and solutions, insights and ideas with all levels of management, business channels and third-party vendors to ideate strategies that will contribute to the ongoing evolution of the predictive analytics strategy
- Serve as a liaison to leaders working on platforms, data architecture, development and technology to fulfill data requirements and collaborate with those leaders in developing innovations in methods for data structures, tracking and metrics, as well as analytics
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Math, or other applicable field preferred; equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 1-5 years of experience required in statistical analysis, analytics or data mining
- 1-5 years of experience with statistical MS Tools, statistical programming languages (R, Python) data access, transformational tools (SQL) and data visualization tools (Power BI and Tableau)
- Experience working with analytical models or techniques and the ability to apply predictive methods to solve business problems
- Strong analytic and predictive modeling skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal business and technical communication skills; ability to explain technical terms to a diverse audience
- Experience with the following is a plus: Big Data Tools (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark), Scala, Java, Splunk, Machine Learning, Windows, Linux, Unix, Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to remain in stationary position (standing or sitting) for 90-95% during entire shift
- Working at a computer 90% of the day
- Utilizing the phone 40-60%
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, or crouching when appropriate, on occasion
- Repetitive movements, including but not limited to typing, using a mouse, phones, etc.
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to approximately 30 pounds (cash/coin bags, supplies, etc.)
Required Work Schedule: Standard business hours
Description of Affinity Plus FCU:
At 2017, Affinity Plus had $2.1 billion in assets. Our 560 employees provide banking services to approximately 200,000 members across Minnesota through 29 branch locations and our digital solutions. Affinity Plus is the 7th largest financial institution in Minnesota by asset size.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.