Website Allianz Life Insurance
The Data Scientist is responsible for developing, communicating and implementing advanced analytic models of information critical to decision makers in the business. This includes working with business leaders to understand their data information needs, find opportunities and recommend and implement solutions according to data science standard methodologies.
- Develop, communicate and implement advanced analytic models of information critical to decision makers in the business. Work with business stakeholders to understand complex business problems. Gather data and use to develop predictive models to forecast outcomes of various scenarios.
- Program in statistical tools (R and Python) and database querying languages (SQL) and coordinate joint development efforts as necessary with database work and operationalizing models.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) team and business areas to understand company needs, research possible solutions, and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Effectively communicate findings, develop visualizations, insights and ideas to key decision makers and stakeholders to drive strategic business decision making.
- 0-1 years of experience required: Statistical analysis, data analytics and/or data mining. Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- 2-3 years of experience preferred: Experience with statistical languages (Python, R, SPSS/SAS), data access and transformation tools (SQL) and data visualization tools (Tableau) preferred.
Advanced degree required; Ph.D. in Statistics or related field
Retiring with financial security. Living life with confidence. At Allianz Life®, every employee knows these are the things that matter. To do what matters means giving employees the tools and opportunities they need to create innovative, industry-leading products, to discover and embrace new trends, and to strengthen the customer experience. As a company, it means creating a culture that is inclusive, where doing the right thing comes naturally, and promoting an environment that develops talent, seeks excellence, encourages smart risks, and recognizes and rewards people for their performance. Doing what matters for employees helps everyone focus on doing what matters most for our customers. Allianz Life. What you do here matters.
Why Allianz Life®? Because we hire people who are dedicated to doing what matters and we give you the quality training, support, and advancement opportunities you need to succeed. As a company known for its financial strength, we offer generous benefits, have a strong commitment to community involvement, a collaborative culture, and a unique level of energy. The result is engaged and more productive employees. From the very first day you join our team, you will know that your contributions are valued. We practice True Balance at our campus by providing a fun work environment, an on-site child development center, a fully staffed fitness center, and a variety of meal options in both our full-service cafe and bistro. And all medical, dental, and retirement benefits are effective the first day you join Allianz Life, so you can focus on what truly matters.
An equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.allianz.com.