Website Be The Match/National Marrow Donor Program
Be the Match has an important job to do, we provide cures for blood cancer. Data is at the heart of our mission, and we are seeking professionals of uncommon caliber to join our team and support the advancement of our mission through data capabilities and disciplines.
Be the Match is in search of a Data Governance Architect to join our Data Governance & Services Team. The Data Governance & Services Team focuses on ensuring awareness, alignment, and consistency in how Be the Match architects, delivers, and talks about data. We are an enterprise team that works cross-functionally with business and technical partners to establish and maintain high-value data solutions at the enterprise level.
As the Data Governance Architect, you will be responsible for defining, establishing, and enforcing organizational data governance processes and best practices that promote responsible data management and data usage behaviors. You will work collaboratively with your data partners to ensure seamless alignment of data governance and data quality practices with solution design and implementation.
- Lead end-to-end data governance/data quality implementations for cross-functional and enterprise data domains (i.e. person, business party, product, and order).
- Lead the planning, delivery, and ongoing maintenance of data governance and quality deliverables for assigned projects, including definitions, business rules, data usage rules, data quality controls, data catalog, data quality scorecard, etc…
- Ensure appropriate prioritization and implementation of data governance practices and processes; define and specify the data governance artifacts and requirements to be met at the project level and to be included in project plans.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and establish data governance oversight and working teams, ensuring appropriate cross-functional representation.
- Ensure data governance and data quality implementations comply with legal, compliance, and security internal guidelines and external regulations.
- Develop strategies that increase data quality of organizational data assets, including reports and dashboards that support data quality monitoring and management.
- Guide development and implementation of comprehensive data quality rules, including quality monitoring and alert mechanisms.
- Advise and support working teams on defining and documenting data quality practices and processes being implemented and maintained; ensure sufficient data quality is maintained so that the data can effectively support the business process.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to monitor for and remediate data quality issues that arise.
- Evolve and advance the data governance and data quality practices for Be the Match.
- Partner with team members to develop data governance and data quality frameworks, strategies, policies, and procedures, ensuring they are right sized for the Be the Match.
- Participate in the development of a roadmap for data governance and data quality implementations; actively contribute to defining measures of success and working towards successful implementation of roadmap.
- Develop strong, trusting partnerships with internal strategic partners that will support the advancement of the data governance and data quality strategy.
- Drive data-related process improvements.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members to support growth and development that will enable a strong, stable, and scalable enterprise data practice.
- Stay up to date on emerging industry practices, processes, and technologies by proactively researching and engaging with other industry leaders and experts outside of the organization; provide recommendations for appropriate application of emerging trends at Be the Match.
- Thoughtfully introduce new, industry-leading approaches to data governance and data quality that are right-sized and fit the needs of the organization.
- Defining and measuring data quality; knowledge of industry best practices
- Data management and governance frameworks and key components
- SQL, transactional SQL, and PL/SQL development
- Evaluating and successfully implementing data management technologies
- Grow a data governance or quality practice for a small to mid-sized organization that includes managing enterprise data domains and aligning cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead through influence to create alignment around data
- Create clarity and focus and drive forward progress when faced with ambiguity
- Understand business strategy and realize that vision through right-sized data solutions, practically applying the appropriate “tool for the job”
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver that can grasp diverse, complex data environments and apply data techniques that simplify and streamline
- Be a forward thinker with an inquiring mind, delivering creative and innovative enterprise data solutions that support organizational efficiencies and advancement
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and have an eye for the enterprise
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to articulate data concepts to a variety of audiences
- Exhibit an attitude of accountability, positive determination, and a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Finance, or other quantitative disciplines, with specialization in data; or equivalent related experience and/or education
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in data governance and/or data quality analysis, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience in implementing enterprise data management practices at an enterprise level
- Experience with managing metadata for organizational use
- Experience in developing SharePoint or Confluence sites
- Working knowledge of enterprise data architecture concepts and frameworks
- Working knowledge of healthcare data standards and regulations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org