Website Be The Match/ NMDP
The Manager of Data Governance & Services is accountable for the enterprise strategy and execution of the NMDP data management initiatives. The role is responsible for leading the enterprise data governance and services team to build and execute a comprehensive data governance roadmap to ensure data assets are of high quality and optimized to deliver on business objectives.
This team will drive the establishment, deployment, and adoption of data management and architecture capabilities across the organization. The team is responsible for data governance, metadata, data quality, master data management and delivering data analyst and architecture services to support the development of products and operational systems.
This individual will have tremendous passion for data and leveraging it to create material value for the organization. This person is someone who is bound to lead with a high-performance caliber mindset – guiding their team to deliver extraordinary results. This person will be comfortable challenging the status quo, bringing forward innovative ideas and fostering a continuous improvement culture.
Enterprise Data Governance
- Provide thought leadership and strategic mindshare to define, build and mature data governance across the NMDP enterprise – Including a data quality framework to foster trust and ownership.
- Establish, implement and monitor appropriate data governance policies and procedures
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain the integrity of key data assets including patient, donor, cord, and foundational immunogenetic data entered into the Registry as well as associated business processes through data audits, exception and process performance reporting.
- Establish and cultivate data governance committees and data custodian roles/ processes while promoting a culture of data stewardship and accountability
- Create and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage data governance efforts across the organization, including optimizations within our software products and operational systems
- Lead team to develop and deliver data quality health metrics and reporting
- Lead the evaluations of Data Quality and Master Data Management related tools/technologies in partnership with Enterprise Architecture and other key stakeholders
Partner with stakeholders to develop business cases and secure buy-in and funding to support data governance and/or data services initiatives.
- Provide input on HRSA quality and accreditation reporting as needed
- Lead team of data architects and analysts to deliver high quality, reliable, well-designed data solutions for our software products and operational systems.
- Collaborate closely with Enterprise Architecture and Application Development to establish necessary authoritative data sources and execute plans to deliver
- Evolve data design and management best practices and create valuable processes to ensure they are being well managed and adhered to
- Champion and promote data management concepts, standards and best practices within the software development projects.
- Directly supervises data quality analysts, systems data analysts and data architects in day-to-day project, and run-the-business tasks to ensure high quality and timely delivery.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports and assist staff in creation of development plans.
- Conducts hiring and onboarding of new employees and contractors
- Fosters a strong performance culture; continually assess engagement levels and devises actionable retention plans.
- Ensures appropriate cross-training and back up of key positions is available within the staff to which this position is assigned.
- Manages and leads any 3rd party, contractor or offshore team members.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiencies. Designs and leads process and technology improvements to optimize efficiency and performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master data management concepts and principles – with proven ability to apply and demonstrate value
- Understanding of data quality methods, statistical analysis (SAS, R) and predictive modeling preferred.
- Experience writing queries (SQL) and experience with large data sets and complex integrated systems – strong knowledge of databases and spreadsheets.
- Implementation and administration of data quality assurance, regulatory and continuous process improvement standards.
- Solid understanding SDLC and Agile project management methodologies.
- Background and demonstrable experience in relational data modeling required.
- Establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track and measure results.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate proven leadership and decision making skills
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a high degree of both technical and business aptitude.
- Demonstrate superior analytical, communication, and problem-solving abilities.
- Build, lead and motivate high performance teams – strong interpersonal skills
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven success in maturing an organization’s data management practices
Education and/or Experience:
- 7+ years of Data Governance and quality experience, including at least 3 years of direct people management and leadership experience
- Experience in a clinical field or healthcare preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in science or mathematics related field. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Proof of being up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster when eligible, with acceptable documentation is required for employment. NMDP will consider all requests for medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com