Website Best Buy Co.,
The Sr. Analyst – Protection Cost to Serve is a key business partner to the Best Buy Services organization, including but not limited to the Omni Channel Service Delivery, D&T, Finance, Controllership, Underwriting, Compliance and Actuarial teams.
This role will support the Cost to Serve function and will be responsible for providing reporting and analytics on the all-in performance/profitability of our warranty programs (Best Buy Protection, Geek Squad Protection, Lively Protection, Loss & theft, and Factory Warranty), This will be achieved by identifying all costs associated with supporting our warranty customers and by closely monitoring all claiming activity. This role is critical to drive costs out of the warranty fulfillment process while also ensuring that costs are accurately and timely recognized.
Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills and be comfortable navigating through ambiguity, managing multiple priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment. Relationship building within a cross-functional organization and the ability to develop actionable and insightful reporting and analytics are key attributes of a successful candidate.
- Identify and analyze all the costs associated with supporting our warranty customers to assess the all- in performance & profitability of our warranty and membership tech support programs.
- Continually evaluate cost allocation methodology by identifying data sources to more accurately associate costs to work performed.
- Co-develop with claiming system engineers the backend interface to seamlessly apply costs to work order line items.
- Provide engineered data sets to actuaries to conduct all-in profitability analysis.
- Create data sets and adhoc reporting tools for cross-functional partners in Vendor Management and Omni-Channel Operations (Fulfillment, Actuarial & Underwriting teams) to provide visibility to cost per complete metrics.
- Leverage cost per complete data sets to provide reimbursement rate recommendations to underwriting, actuarial, and controllership teams.
- Develop and maintain usage curves for our software service offerings that drive cost and allocation decisions.
- Grow cross functional partnerships within Omni-Channel services to drive the continued adoption of Cost to Serve metrics.
- Develop reporting packages that effectively illustrate Cost to Serve trends and drivers that enable cross functional partners and leadership to make better business decisions
- 2 or more years of data science, analysis, manipulation, or mining experience.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (SQL, Python, R, Java, etc…)
- Demonstrates innovation and seeks new and creative ways to approach analytical exercises and projects.
Proven ability to effectively communicate technical information and complex data to cross functional team members.
- 1 or more years of experience in the insurance, service contract, or warranty industries (Actuarial, Claiming, Underwriting, Risk Management, or IT).
- 1 or more years of experience working with big data platforms such as enterprise data warehouses or cloud databases.
- Experience with the agile method of product development.
- Experience providing business requirements for system and user interface enhancements.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.