We’re hiring a Technical Architect – Data for the Enterprise Architecture team in our Information Technology (IT) department. This position will partner with IT and line of business to build data solutions by interpreting architectural roadmaps, building proof of concept structures and systems, and ensuring technical capacity for future service delivery to internal business partners. The best candidates for this position will be collaborative, have broad knowledge of the IT industry and deep specialized knowledge in data engineering.
Effective January 1, 2023, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range.
Location and hours:
This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. This position may have meetings that will be located at the Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will primarily be Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with flexibility. While this position is designated as remote, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as an Information Technology (IT) Engineer, Senior – IT Database Engineer/IT Network Engineer.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,664.23 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
- Work with IT and line of business partners to build data solutions, including modern data warehouses.
- Build data automation and monitoring practices.
- Create and curate reusable sample libraries for integrations, code, automation, scripts, and configuration.
- Build proof of concept solutions for emerging technology, such as a sample bot with integrated AI capabilities.
- Drive deployment and adoption of new architecture; train and mentor IT Staff in new technology.
- Document and communicate standards, guidelines, whitepapers, training options and best practices.
- Develop and refine technical methodologies relevant to the DataOps domain.
- Consult with operation engineers in advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Work with CloudOps to template infrastructure scripts when adding new data technology.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Seven or more years of information technology experience.
- Associate/vocational/technical degree in computer science, engineering, or a related information technology field and five or more years of information technology experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, data engineering, business intelligence, data analytics, or a related information technology field and three or more years of information technology experience.
- Current certification in a leading professional level certification area (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, etc.).
Nice to have:
- Advanced experience in DataOps, data architecture, application development or similar including:
- Developing batch and real-time integrations.
- Data modeling.
- Database administration.
- Web services, especially REST principles.
- Process automation.
- Demonstrated capability in complex technical implementations.
- Proficient in at least one scripting or programming language.
- Ability to produce clear and consistent documentation.
- Broad IT background required to partner with other domains (cloud, security, application, data, etc.).
- Ability to communicate with people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write, and edit technical material, teach or mentoring peers and change management.
- Knowledge of common technical environment technologies.
- Working knowledge or the ability to learn technology stack (e.g., Azure Data Factory, Data Lake and Object Storage, Cloud DBaaS platforms, Apache Spark (Databricks and Synapse), Apache Atlas / Purview, Neo4j, Azure DevOps, etc.).
About the department:
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. They are made up of nine divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, strategic alignment, central services administration and imaging operations, security, service management, and operations.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (select Guest).
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data.
Applications will be referred to the hiring supervisor on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
If you have any questions, please contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.