As a Data Engineer, you will be focused on sales and marketing within the Data Engineering team, part of a broader IT Analytics team, to gather requirements, engineer, and scale sales and marketing analytics solutions. You will use tools such as Python, Informatica, Google BigQuery and SQL for engineering data pipelines and data models in the enterprise data warehouse platforms (Oracle and Google Cloud Platform). Additionally, you will engineer reports, dashboards and visualizations using enterprise business intelligence tools (Oracle, and Tableau).
Specific competencies include:
- Data Structures and Models – Designs and develops the overall database/data warehouse structure based on functional and technical requirements. Designs and develops data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Data Pipelines and ELT – Designs, applies data extraction, loading and transformation techniques in order to connect large data sets from a variety of sources.
- Data Performance – Troubleshoots and fixes for data performance issues that come with querying and combining large volumes of data. Adjusts performance for solution accordingly during initial development.
- Visualizations and Dashboards – Gathers requirements, designs and develops reports and dashboards with multiple sources that meet business needs. Walks the business through definitions of data.
- Works directly with business units to understand their analytics use cases and gather requirements for Sales and Marketing analytics solutions.
- Engineers data models for dimensions and facts within the staging and warehouse layer of our enterprise data warehouse.
- Engineers and performance tunes data pipelines to move data from a variety of source systems and file types to fit into dimensional data models.
- Utilizes advanced SQL within Python, Informatica, Google Big Query and Oracle SQL Views to achieve proper metric calculations or derive dimension attributes.
- Designs and develops the schedule and orchestration for batch and near-real time data loads into the enterprise data warehouse (Oracle, Google Cloud Platform, SQL Server).
- Provide issue resolution and maintenance for a large variety of business unit solutions already existing in the enterprise data warehouse.
- Engineers within a core metadata model including the physical, logical and presentation layers for the enterprise business intelligence within Tableau or Oracle.
- Engineers dashboards within the enterprise business intelligence platform containing reports and visualization that have intelligent user interface design and flow for the business including adequate performance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area and significant experience with business intelligence and data warehouse design and development.
- 4+ years of experience with reading and writing SQL.
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing ETLs with tools like Python (preferred), Informatica, Tableau Data Prep, Microsoft SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- 4+ years of experience with designing and developing within a business intelligence/reporting tool like Tableau (preferred), OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to gather detailed technical requirements to design and develop business intelligence report solutions from beginning to end.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Tested problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A strong pattern of initiative.
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident or have the authorization to work in the United States.
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Experience working with consumer products or retailer data sets or business processes relating to sales and marketing functions
- Experience designing and developing end-to-end analytics solutions.
- Experience designing and developing data pipelines within Google Cloud Platform (Google Big Query).
- Experience engineering within a data warehouse or related experience with dimensional data modeling.
- Experience tuning SQL and ETLs.
- Experience working with Big Data and/or DevOps.
Bentonville, Arkansas or Austin, Minnesota
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel may be necessary 10% of the time.
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
To apply for this job please visit ekkh.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.