Website International Dairy Queen (IDQ)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. BI Report Developer located at our corporate headquarters in Bloomington, MN. This hybrid role is part of the Dairy Queens Data and Reporting team, with responsibility for partnering with cross-functional team to create datasets and reporting that will be used in a self-service environment. They’ll work with analysts and developers to identify future data needs as well as improve reports used today and use expertise to look for ways to continually improve processes that are manually executed today. Serves as owner of environment and primary contact for reports developed. This person also needs to be available to train new users on the system and will be responsible for developing training materials and change management plans. Needs to be able to troubleshoot under pressure, and able to clearly communicate to users as needed.
Key Accountabilities Include:
Responsible for ownership, administration, architecture and support of dashboards and reporting
Support legacy processes while proposing new ideas and solutions to solve problems and challenges
Support data quality initiatives including standards and documentation
Support the scoping and implementation of data for projects, acting as the data and testing lead on project teams focused on bringing in new source datasets
Perform impact and risk analysis on an on-going basis to prevent accrual of technical debt
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of work experience using the Microsoft stack
- At least 3 years of managing data projects
At least 3 years data visualization (Microsoft Power BI preferred)
- At least 3 years of data querying and parsing (SQL and Python preferred)
- Experience working within a multi-location global franchisor organization, especially a QSR brand, is preferred
- Experience across multiple Data Analytic, Business Intelligence, and Data Warehousing solutions is preferred
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Exceptional analytical skills – creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously within a deadline-driven environment
- Be a team leader and facilitate brainstorming sessions, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present information and articulate financial and operational results to a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to identify key data points and use those to drive meaningful reporting for management use.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion for all who touch DQ. We believe in and commit to fostering a community where employees bring their authentic selves to work; where we recruit, engage and retain employees, franchise owners and suppliers with diverse background and identities; and where everyone feels welcome engaging with our DQ brand.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.