Is it time to build on your skills and knowledge in a setting that makes the most of both? We can challenge you in ways that require you to bring it all, every day. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We’re creating hundreds of custom applications and manage thousands of hardware components. And that complexity is where you come in. In this role, you’ll be involved in architecting and designing data warehouse solutions. You will be a primary contributor in developing, testing and deploying key data warehouses, data marts and will be working with cutting edge technology. You’ll find yourself stretching, learning and expanding your impact.
- Identification of machine learning and data science use cases relevant to the business
- Collaboration with stakeholders to understand and best meet needs
- Solution architecture – technical specifications and design documents
- Lead model/solution development
- Testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Communication of results and the “so what?” to stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required
Know that this opportunity comes with big potential and big challenges. It takes an ability to solve technical and strategic challenges using innovative approaches. You’ll be using complex data to support business decisions and you’ll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of advanced data analysis experience
- Advanced statistics including NLP
- Supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Model validation, testing, and communication
- Languages like Python, R, Scala, or Spark
- ML frameworks like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, pandas, etc.
- Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and Hive
- 5+ years of IT management or operations experience in a large, enterprise environment (Fortune 200 company)
- Health care industry experience
- Experience with:
-Agile and Lean development methodologies
-Microservices and Containerization, e.g. Docker and OpenShift
-Software development best practices
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.