phData works exclusively in the realm of data and machine learning. By partnering with the biggest cloud data platforms (Snowflake, Azure, AWS, Cloudera), we’re able to help the world’s largest companies solve their toughest challenges.
Our work is challenging and our standards are high, but we invest heavily in our employees, starting with a 2-4 week bootcamp to ensure your success. Plus, you’ll get to work with the brightest minds in the industry and the best in class platforms on the market. And, because the data and ML industry is changing rapidly, you will always have the opportunity to learn – whether that’s a new technology, diving deeper into your preferred stack, or picking up an entirely new skill set.
Even though we’re growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual, exciting work environment. We hire top performers and allow you the autonomy to deliver results. Our award winning workplace fosters learning, creativity, teamwork and diversity.
- 2022 Snowflake Partner of the Year
- 2022 Best Places to Work
- Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing US Companies (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 (2021)
- Snowflake Elite, Snowpark Accelerated & Snowflake Partner of the Year (2020 & 2021)
Fueled by talented Data Scientists, Engineers, Architects, and innovative thought leaders, phData is shaping the future of data. We’re looking for Solutions Architects to serve as hands-on technical leaders to help customers gain tangible value from their data.
Solutions Architects are hands-on technical leaders who enjoy…..
- Designing and implementing data solutions best-suited to deliver on our customer needs and use cases — from streaming, to data lakes, to analytics, and beyond across a progressively evolving technical stack.
- Providing thought leadership by recommending the right technologies and solutions for a given use case, from the application layer to infrastructure; and have the team leadership and coding skills (e.g. Python, Java, and Scala) to get their solutions into production — and to help ensure performance, security, scalability, and robust data integration.
- Driving Customer success in a collaborative way while mentoring phData’s data engineers.
- Switching between creating high level solutions and implementing those doing active development work.
- Enjoy working seamlessly across a variety of technical stacks
- 8+ years as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer
- Proven experience as a technical team lead, and/or mentorship of other engineers
- Ability to develop end-to-end technical solutions
- Programming Expertise in Java, Python, Scala, or another modern programming language
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize SQL queries
- Client-facing written and verbal communication skills and experience
- Create and deliver detailed presentations
- Detailed solution documentation (e.g. sequence diagrams, class hierarchies, logical system views, etc.)
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
Prefer any of the following:
- Production experience in core data platforms: Snowflake, AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop, Databricks
Cloud and Distributed Data Storage: S3, ADLS, HDFS, GCS, Kudu, ElasticSearch/Solr, Cassandra or other NoSQL storage systems
- Data integration technologies: Spark, Kafka, event/streaming, Streamsets, Matillion, Fivetran, NiFi, AWS Data Migration Services, Azure DataFactory, Google DataProc or other data integration technologies
Multiple data sources (e.g. queues, relational databases, files, search, API)
- Complete software development lifecycle experience including design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Automated data transformation and data curation: dbt, Spark, Spark streaming, automated pipelines
- Workflow Management and Orchestration: Airflow, AWS Managed Airflow, Luigi, NiFi
Ideal opportunity if you enjoy…..
- Thinking independently and seeing the big picture
- Translating customer needs into solutions
- Confidently standing behind your recommendations
- Exploring new technologies in an effort to always grow and uncover better ways to solve problems (for instance: automating all the things)
- Explaining your technical decisions, both internally and externally
- Smiling in the face of complex problems
- Collaborating and helping your fellow data engineers learn and grow
Why phData? We offer:
- Enjoy our Remote-First Workplace and award-winning culture which prizes autonomy, creativity, and diversity
- Competitive comp, generous vacation (4 weeks PTO + 10 paid holidays), excellent benefits (health/dental/vision) and matching 401k
- Accelerated learning through continuous training, technical bootcamp, paid certifications & professional development allowance
- Other cool perks include paid certifications, personal development allowance and additional compensation for creating company approved content (dashboards, blogs, videos, whitepapers, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to Kevans@phData.io