HealthPartners Institute is one of the largest care system based medical research and education centers in the Midwest. As part of HealthPartners integrated care system, the Institute uses research and education to accelerate improvements in quality, experience and affordability for our members, patients and the community.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Informatics Programmer Analyst. This position will be responsible for:
- Creating and developing essential research project data sets, reports, and deliverables to ensure timely dissemination of accurate information to support research projects.
- Serving as project leader on the planning, design, and creation of complex data sets and analyses that will provide investigators with a comprehensive understanding of the research topic being studied.
- Providing data analysis, interpretation, and consultation to maximize the use of HealthPartners administrative data (claims, enrollment, pharmacy, registry, financial, EMR, survey, research project subject engagement, abstraction data) in order to support needs of HPI Research activities.
- Assisting Research Informatics team members on various projects including planning and designing data extraction, data layouts, data analysis and interpretation, and presentation of information.
- Supporting National, Regional, and local organizations on clinical, health services, and scientific research projects.
The Senior Analyst has a direct impact on HealthPartners Institute’s (HPI) ability to use information in support of research and also has direct impact on HPI’s ability to improve care and service, reduce costs and provide meaningful choices to patients and members. This ability to lead development of comparable, meaningful, accurate analysis is a critical success factor in HPI’s external image as a national leader in the areas of clinical, health services, and scientific research.
- BA/BS in informatics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, health care management, business, economics, finance or related field or significant related experience.
- Four years of direct experience working on the development of complex and multiple data sets for decision support.
- Four years’ experience in health care and/or health research settings working with health care data including Clinical/EMR or Claims data.
- Direct experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel and Word, database and mainframe software and current industry measurement tools (SAS).
- Experience in an analytical setting using technical/analytical skills on the extraction, layout and interpretation of complex data sets.
- Experience presenting results verbally and in written form to senior level managers.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects. Ability to coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion, leading teams representing multiple departments of an organization.
- Understanding of Relational Database Design and moderate proficiency of data Integration and Navigation.
- Well-developed technical concepts, basic 4GL programming, and basic Business Intelligence Software Knowledge.
- Developed consulting skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate technical concepts for non-technical users and to lead multi-departmental teams to effective and actionable decisions.
- Well-developed technical programming knowledge, including basic SQL and SAS programming skills.
- Ability to produce tabular and graphical displays of data through PC applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well the ability to translate customer needs into the data extraction process.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Understanding and willingness to use statistical and other CQI tools and techniques in daily work.
- Master’s Degree in informatics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, health care management, business, economics, finance or other area providing analytical and technical skills.
- Good working knowledge with medical terminology, medical coding systems; ICD-10, CPT4, NDC.
- Business Intelligence (Tableau) and Geographic Information System (ArcGIS) experience.
- AI/Machine Learning experience.
- Desktop publishing, graphing, and pivot table experience.
- Independently create SQL queries and SAS programs or other program languages as required to develop core research informatics deliverables and analysis.
- Serve as an informatics project lead on small to midsize research projects. Coordinate project efforts. Volunteer and promote active leadership. Actively promote a work environment that fosters self-directed teams.
- Self-manage project tasks through effective and independent work.
- Provide appropriate written and verbal communication as project technical lead to team members, manager and investigators regarding project status, issue identification and resolution, and analytical results. Consult with investigators to understand objectives, decision-making processes and need for data / interpretation of information to ensure information provided is aligned with needs.
- Provide training for new and existing team members on data and tools. Provide coaching in a one-to-one setting on specific technical or analytical skills as needed.
- Proactively identify and address data quality issues when they arise and serve on data quality teams.
- Maintain a working knowledge of administrative and other essential databases, including key definitions, element names, relational structure, as well as significant caveats and coding systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of analytical methodologies as well as core and other essential department reports to ensure appropriate application of findings including the internal benchmarking of results.
- Leverage desktop analytical tools, specifically members of the SAS and Microsoft Office Suite of products to improve efficiency and facilitate decision making.
- Validate assumptions and verify accuracy of research data extracts and reports through understanding and application of CQI principles.
- Apply complex mathematical principles to analysis performed.
- Ability to read, understand, and analyze research publications and proposals.
- Demonstrate HealthPartners Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork and Respect.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #58186.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.