For more than 50 years, Zinpro has pioneered the research and development of performance trace minerals and innovative solutions that improve the health and wellbeing of both animals and people. As a family-owned, privately held company, we have grown steadily thanks to our quality products, expert staff, and a commitment to helping our customers achieve more through science-based trace mineral nutrition. With regional sales offices in 11 countries and products marketed in more than 70 countries worldwide, Zinpro is the global leader in advancing greater nutrition and smarter practices for a better, more sustainable world.
Working at Zinpro means you’ll make a positive difference in the world, working as part of an authentic and caring community of bright, passionate people. You’ll gain broad experience in a growing company known for its exceptional commitment to employees, customers, and our communities. And you’ll quickly see that your unique ideas and perspectives are valued here, where we work continually to create diverse, equitable and inclusive teams.
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the IT team! You will be joining us at the ground level as we build a BI practice at Zinpro and will have the opportunity to heavily influence future direction, and work with modern tools. Our ideal candidate will have experience spanning the full spectrum of Business Intelligence architecture, including ETL, data warehousing, and presentation layer, although understandably specializing in 1 or more of those areas.
Partnering with stakeholders in the business, IT, and 3rd party consulting; design, build, support and maintain cutting edge business intelligence and analytics solutions.
- Own the design, creation, maintenance, and updates to key business intelligence applications used by Zinpro employees. This includes ETL development, data model implementation, and reporting/presentation layer design and development.
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance
- Identify correct data in the source systems by partnering with other IT analysts and developers.
- Ensure data quality through testing and error handling
- Identify innovative ways to visually represent complex data
- Own the coordination and delivery of intended release milestones for BI applications
- Occasionally participate in adhoc analysis inquiries and data pulls to assist business users.
- Implement process improvements (Automation, Query and Model optimization)
- Perform project and functions as assigned by the IT Manager of Business Applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Required Experience
- 2+ years of experience leveraging ETL tools to load a data warehouse or create a data store
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases and data warehouses
- 2+ years of experience with an enterprise analytics platform.
- Experience with ERP data, SAP understanding is a plus
- Understanding with both Cloud and On-Prem BI architectures.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues within the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience working in a team-based collaborative environment with strong communication and multi-tasking skills with a focus on efficiency.
- Understanding of project and change management principles.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Experience with Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, or SAP Business Objects
Experience with Snowflake
A genuine passion for data
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics are those consistent with a standard office environment.
Positions in this class typically require typing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
This position is expected to work within core business hours and occasionally requires participation in after-hours work with domestic and international stakeholders.
This position is expected to travel infrequently, primarily for conferences or training as needed, or Zinpro manufacturing facilities located within a 4-hour radius of Zinpro corporate HQ.
Must possess qualities and skills that align with Zinpro’s Core Values:
- Build Trust: We believe in being purposeful with our words and actions. We work to build trust with customers, vendors, and co-workers through being truthful and fulfilling our commitments. We honor our word and are accountable for our actions.
- Win Together: We believe we can better achieve when we work united, internally and with customers. When we embrace and leverage our diverse individual talents with global perspectives, we create a team that’s stronger and smarter than any one individual. We are all bound by the belief that when we work together, we can realize greater potential.
- Serve Generously: We believe in putting people first, supporting each other’s efforts and treating all with kindness and respect. We work in partnership with customers and ourselves to create opportunities; a win for another is a win for us.
- Always Improve: We believe in what’s right and pursuing continuous growth and improvement for customers, our company, and ourselves. Our high expectations drive us to consistently and reliably deliver the highest quality. We work to be better each day.
- Dream Big: We believe advancement starts with an unquenchable curiosity. We embrace the freedom to explore, create, and express ideas without the fear of failure. We always learn from each other and our customers, from our successes and our mistakes.
Zinpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Zinpro Corporation provides individual career growth opportunities and an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit www.zinpro.com.